By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm getting a 360 Elite today - help choosing games?

Why not wait a few more weeks and get Forza and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for free?

First get on Xbox Live and try out some of the 122 demos (start with Ace Combat 6) and 93 Arcade games (start with Pac-Man C.E.).

-Crackdown
-Dead Rising
-Rainbow Six Vegas
-Halo 3
-Orange Box
-Oblivion (or wait a few more weeks for Mass Effect)

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

Wait till the bundles come, two free games for same price.

Download all demos on Live. You will find something worth buying.

Gears of War is the most fun one for me. The game is fun but it gets really fun in multiplayer. I don't know if you've tried the multplayer but it can be intense. I have Halo 3 as well and find it kinda meh. Next games for me will be Mass Effect and Assasins Creed.

Dead Rising is a must! Do you like Oblivion? Forza is a good choice too. Maybe the Star Wars Lego collection?

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Your an idiot for choosing a 360

Send me a message if you want to be Wii friends.

Around the Network

Halo 3
Gears of War
Bioshock
Orange Box
Eternal Sonata
Blue Dragon
Oblivion
Crackdown
Guitar Hero 2

Truthsayer said:

I'm sure everyone appreciates your valuable contribution to this discussion.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Truthsayer said:
says the idiot who chose a wii

Viva Pinata, Crackdown, Madden 08, Halo 3.

i have an elite & love it
halo 3, dead rising, lotr battle for middle earth 2, PGR

I am just taking in all the benefits of the console war.

Playing: Halo 3/Eternal Sonata (360), MP3 (Wii)

Live Tag: ipwndurmom69