By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's Official, PS3 slim announced

All up the slim is about 35% smaller than the original
Only problem is, now it's deaper than the original I'm not sure it would fit in my entertainment unit. Will have to measure it when I get home.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Around the Network
brute said:
lilwingman said:
brute said:
And us earlier PS3 owners get the shaft...

How have we possibly gotten the shaft?  Because Sony is releasing a hardware revision three years after the consoles release?  *Gasp*

I don't see why they couldn't have done this on lanuch.

But you have Linux support, 4 usb slots, memory card readers, etc.

65nm chips weren't available at launch and it wasn't possible to cram the parts into a smaller box (or if Sony had tried it might have had a failure rate approaching the 360's, who knows).

That 'getting the shaft' comment is nonsense.

ok so im going to be bold with this but the holiday season will see ps3 sell more than 4mil + over x360

i really do think this is going to EXPLODE ps3 sales

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

and fuck you sony for making it 625NZD while in the US it is 445NZD

thats almost 200 bucks extra...fuck you indeed

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

Infamy79 said:
Only problem is, now it's deaper than the original I'm not sure it would fit in my entertainment unit. Will have to measure it when I get home.

What type of cheap ass entertainmeant unit do you have?

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
Infamy79 said:

cheap or not, the slim is long front to back... it's like they just went over it with a rolling pin.

I don't mind the new look, but i really wish they stuck with the piano black... it made it that much more sexy than the elite.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of vents.. so I wonder how hot it will run.

What I´m curious about is why they ditched the multicolor PS logo.

mtofu said:
JEDE3 said:
Infamy79 said:

cheap or not, the slim is long front to back... it's like they just went over it with a rolling pin.

I don't mind the new look, but i really wish they stuck with the piano black... it made it that much more sexy than the elite.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of vents.. so I wonder how hot it will run.

it's a half inch longer... and will run fine

I really do hope they add firmware PS2 BC next year. My PS2 Slim is getting old and id rather not have to buy another one (would be my 4th).

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

JEDE3 said:
Infamy79 said:

Its actually quite expensive, however it's not that big as I live in an apartment and floor space is valuable, plus my couch is massive and takes up most of the room.

I stupidly didn't think to measure my equipment before I bought it and my rather large Pioneer amp doesn't quite fit in it so sits on top instead. Given the original PS3 was not exactly the smallest device on the market the fact that it's now even deeper, I think it'll be a tight fit.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience