By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think it's safe to say the Wii's third-party floodgate has JUST opened now

Just because we don't have Rockstar doesn't mean they suck.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Rockstar has 3 Wii games on the way. A ps2 port (Bully), a 360 port (table tennis) and a ps2 multiplat with significant focus on the Wii version (manhunt).
It's a lot better than the cube got (outrunner or something like that) and it should be a first step to more in the future.

As for the floodgate proposal, can we atleast wait to see if Timesplitters 4 is actually Wii bound?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Now when you say "Now We're Getting", I hope you don't mean Wii owners, because I don't want you to lump me with yourself.

Anyways, it's a nice thing, but every fanboy on this site has bragged about this and it just gets tiring after a while.

What is this? Is this a dream? Am I somewhere asleep in front of my Game Cube wondering when another good game will come out? This is impossible. Nintendo No. 1 World Wide? Wii Ware with 100 games projected? 200 games by early 2008 in the Americas? Women and Senior Citizens playing video games, Nintendo video games? All of this and and it isn't even it's 2nd Year on market.
Surely, I am asleep and waiting for Fire Emblem... or maybe I have gone Mad and in my boredom and am strapped to a bed somewhere mumbling, "Wii, Wii, Wii!"

Yes that's it my Insanity Meter is High maybe I was replaying Eternal Darkness for the special ending...
Although none of this is really happening maybe the "Machines" figured the only way to keep me in the Matrix like a good human- battery was to make my beloved Nintendo such a force to be reckoned with- but yes according to this dream THE FLOODGATES ARE OPEN and we are all going to get drowned in 2008 if not sooner.

i wouldnt call it a flood, although it is incredibly promising with the amount of developers moving to the wii and the number of exclusives its steatling (or as sony say, earning)

I don't really want a flood, a steady stream will be sufficient, too many good games could be as bad as not enough.
The wii is pretty much guaranteed to be the victor this generation but i don't want to see sony (screw MS) out of the race, i still want to see some glorious 3D worlds rendered on their powerful hardware.

Around the Network

With its massive fanbase, there was little doubt it would begin getting support.  There's nothing new here we already didn't know.

i think its safe to say, that we've seen this thread a million times this year...