By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First Mass Effect Review Leaked? Game Informer gives it a 9.75.

Mass Effect score has been confirmed. No R & C sign of score, full list:

The Orange Box..... 9.75/9.75
NBA Live..... 7.5/7.75
NBA 2K8..... 8.25/8.5
Conan.... 7/7.25
Blazing Angels 2...... 7.5/7.75
Crash Of The Titans..... 7.25
Spyro: The Eternal Night..... 6.25
Two Worlds..... 4/2
Spider-Man: FoF..... 4.5/5.5
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights..... 8.25/8.5
Dirt...... 8/8.5
NBA 08..... 7/6.25
Carnival Games..... 5.5
The Sim 2: Castaway..... 7.25
Victorious Boxers: Revolution..... 6.75
Zack and Wiki..... 8.25/7.75
Halo 3..... 9.75/9.75 GOTM
Mass Effect ..... 9.75/9.75
PGR4..... 8.75/9.25
Ace Combat 6..... 8.75/8.75
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage..... 7.5/8.5
Enemy Territories: Quake Wars..... 8.5/8.5
Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms..... 9
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts..... 8.25
Neverwinter Nights 2: MOTB..... 9/8.5 PC GOTM
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow..... 8.75/9 HHGOTM
DK: Jungle Climber..... 5.75/6.75
Phoenix Wright: AA T&T ..... 8.25/8.25
Mega Man ZX Advent..... 8/7.5
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron..... 7/7
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars..... 5.75
Disagea: AoD..... 9
Front Mission 1st..... 7
Sonic Rush Adventure..... 7.25
Final Fantasy Tactics: TWOTL 9.5

Mass Effect is as good as Halo 3 and The Orange Box.

Around the Network

PGR4..... 8.75/9.25

Amount of work I will get done in the next few months ..... 0.0/0.0

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

The orange box and Ace Combat in October, not to mention that PGR4 just came out
and then mass effect in november.......mother of god i love my 360

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

sinha said:
PGR4..... 8.75/9.25

I believe that is referred to as a "Good ol' fashioned ass kickin".

Impressive scores while this issue of GI had virtually nothing of note for the PS3 (that I remember, I only had time to flip through the issue last night). 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

You have the GI issue with mass effect review? Please share more :)

Around the Network

Hard to believe this game is finished and reviewers are already playing through it. It seems like we've been waiting forever...

dose anyone no wot is gonna happen now ea has taken over bioware, if there is a mass effect 2 will it be on the ps3 to or do microsoft own the rights to mass effect ?

pac_manjosh said:

dose anyone no wot is gonna happen now ea has taken over bioware, if there is a mass effect 2 will it be on the ps3 to or do microsoft own the rights to mass effect ?

Bioware owned the Mass Effect IP so it now belongs to EA.  Bioware would like to keep Mass Effect on the 360 but they can't predict the future.  I don't care if it goes multiplatform as long as it comes out in a timely manner and is as good if not better then part 1.

elnino334 said:
pac_manjosh said:

Bioware owned the Mass Effect IP so it now belongs to EA.  Bioware would like to keep Mass Effect on the 360 but they can't predict the future.  I don't care if it goes multiplatform as long as it comes out in a timely manner and is as good if not better then part 1.

Bioware's Comments on ME's future: http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=173602 Microsoft's Comments: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14791/Microsoft-Provides-Update-on-Mass-Effect/ Looks like Bioware is certain that it will stay exclusive 360.

http://www.n4g.com/M/8/Images//74000/74437.jpg

Scan of the GI review.