By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First Mass Effect Review Leaked? Game Informer gives it a 9.75.

This is still the only game that *really* makes me want to pick up a 360. Part of the reason I am so excited about a "cheap-arse" 360 (regardless of what is included). As long as it plays Mass Effect, I'm in.

I think this will be more of a system seller than Halo 3 (different demographic), and pretty much up there with FFXIII in terms of killer-status.

(if only the 360 in my house still worked :P)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

If it's as good as Kotor, I'm going to buy it a drink and ask it to go back to my place. But I have a feeling that it's too good for me.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Just have to comment because this is the game I am been most excited since this "next-gen" started :).

Hmmm... if true, fantastic, but saying that, I really don't trust GIs reviews lately. Still a good indicator of what to come if it's QFT.

Just kiss the tip.

I suspect Mass Effect is going to be more like Bioshock and Oblivion rather than Kotor, with its focus on FPS gameplay.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network

Lol. I would have no problem with some sort of Sci-fi-hybrid-bioshock-oblivion game......can you say "gamegasm?"

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

can't wait for this game, its going rock.

Currently Playing:

Xbox 360 - Rock Band, NHL 08, Skate, Halo 3, Mass Effect

Wii - Mario Galaxy

I have always believed this will be the 2007 GOTY. BioShock, Metroid Prime 3, Halo 3 and Orange Box all got excellent reviews, and Uncharted, CoD4 and Mario Galaxy will also, but Mass Effect looks like it's on another level.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

I've hated RPG's in the past. The only 2 that I really played was Ultima: Exodus on the NES and Fable on the Xbox. Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, and Fable 2 have me giddy for RPG's. I usually don't get this excited. Doesn't matter to me what the review scores are for the games, they are still 1st day's for me.

scotland yard said:
Saiyar said:
Is this the same game informer leak that had details of the new Team Ico game. If so it is false.

I haven't heard anything about a Team Ico game, so I have no idea. There was no mention of it -- but it did mention that the cover would be that Jack Black game that's supposedly coming out that I now forget the name of.

Seems like this is a different leak than the one I was thinking of so it could be true.. Apparantley Ratchet and Clank has gotten 10. Looks like November is going to be a good month for games.