By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy: CC confirms wii hard drive or some form of storage?

mancandy there are two FFCC games coming out on the Wii, the one is FFCC: The Crystal Bearers on Disk, and FFCC: The Little King and something () which will be a WiiWare title.

Around the Network

Ah, I feel like a casual gamer right now. As long as at fits onto a 2GB SD card then I am good. They better not charge 50 bucks for it.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

It's 15$ actually

I'm expecting big things from wii-ware now.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2007/08/23/toshiba_unleash_1.html
Solution to all storage problems?

Around the Network

Wow... this WiiWare thing is turning out to be a pretty big deal. Hopefully everything turns out well. Personally, I'm hoping for either direct off SD capabilities for the Wii, or a really cheap USB HDD.

Just kiss the tip.

That 32GB SD card is the nuts - gotta get myself one of them.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Can't it use some kind of online streaming?

Pure speculation I'm afraid.

Using compression, and clever coding - its possible to get a huge amount of content in 32MB or even 64MB of data.

That is only 1/8th of the total internal Wii memory - not that much, for a huge profile title.

Even if it took 1000 blocks - I doubt Nintendo would care that much. People will just make space for the game.

And its not launching until March (or later) '08 - so a storage solution could be settled on by then.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Hopefully a fw update that'll allow you to boot games from the SD card cuz the Wii isn't really a media center like the PS3 or 360 where you can download movies and whatnot, it's really just for the VC and Wii Ware so a hard drive would be too much.