By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy: CC confirms wii hard drive or some form of storage?

Looking at the screens of the new wii ware Final Fantasy game, it doesn't look like it's going to be some hokey SNES era budget experiment title. unless it's only 15 minutes long, It looks like it will take up some disk space. The question is, how will our wii's manage to hold it, in addition to the supposed 100 other possible wiiware games and our VC games and new channels? Is Nintendo planning to release some kind of Hard drive? I've heard it's not possible, the wii doesn't have anything to hook it up to, but there is simply too much downloadable content for half a gig of space.

Thoughts? Ideas? 

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

bigger sd card support? hopefully a USB hard drive though...

I prefer bigger and better (you know, directly play from them) SD card support.

USB HDD = expensive.

Why would FF:CC require a hard drive?

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

By itself it probably won't, but it's not an N64 title. That game and likely other wii ware games are going to be more than 32 MB.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

it'll be here sometime next year but as Nintendo's always said they wanted to make the Wii look simple and the cheap option. Releasing a hard drive just yet I reckon they think may put some people off.

Next year we'll see a lot of Wii ware titles, third parties wanting to release dwonloadable content, DS demos saved locally rather than being downloaded for every play, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 3, DDOC, and the start of proper SD support for personalised playlists on the wii in driving games.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

I guess I am lost. Is FF:CC download only? Will it be available on disk?

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

something to do with the online element is going to available on WiiWare (correct me if i'm wrong anyone please).

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

An original FF:CC game is coming to WiiWare. It's the channel's launch game, so selling it on disk would take out the feature's knees.

There is a new Final Fantasy game that is only by download (to answer your question mancandy). It looks like an actual game and not some small little experiment. This will take up alot of hard drive space, thusly they will need some solution to the wii's small hard drive.