By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable II hits 3 million

wow, that's great news!

I loved the first Fable, and I'm still meaning to play the second, my mate's didn't enjoy it, but they don't know good games.

Around the Network
Lolcislaw said:
smbu2000 said:
dsister44 said:
I still need to get this game. Has there been any word on a GotY yet? Should I wait or just buy it?

I know here in Japan, next month, Fable II will be released as a best hits version on the "platinum collection" for a lower price. This version includes both the Knothole Island and See the Future DLC (according to Amazon JP): (Sorry, the link below takes you to an age warning screen, just click the one on the left, which means yes, to see the product page)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B002GKBLL4?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Something like this will probably come out in other countries as well, but I have no idea if/when it will happen.

Anyway, congrats on getting to 3 million Fable 2! I still need to finish getting all the silver keys/gargoyles myself.

Arent the DLC's for Fable II available for Free? 

If by "free" you mean 800 MS Points (Knothole Island) and 560 MS Points (See the Future), then yes...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Lolcislaw said:
smbu2000 said:
dsister44 said:
I still need to get this game. Has there been any word on a GotY yet? Should I wait or just buy it?

I know here in Japan, next month, Fable II will be released as a best hits version on the "platinum collection" for a lower price. This version includes both the Knothole Island and See the Future DLC (according to Amazon JP): (Sorry, the link below takes you to an age warning screen, just click the one on the left, which means yes, to see the product page)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B002GKBLL4?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Something like this will probably come out in other countries as well, but I have no idea if/when it will happen.

Anyway, congrats on getting to 3 million Fable 2! I still need to finish getting all the silver keys/gargoyles myself.

Arent the DLC's for Fable II available for Free?

If by "free" you mean 800 MS Points (Knothole Island) and 560 MS Points (See the Future), then yes...

I thought there were two versions, a free version, and a premium version which allowed for co-op play.

^ You can download both DLC and if your friend has paid for it you can be their sidekick and go into those Islands and do the missions for them for free in their game.

I believe the free version is just the new items in the DLC and not the quests.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

Oh yeah I forgot about the items.
You can use them staright away but you have to download the whole island ready for when you want to buy it or join a friends game

Congratuations Fable II. Your a fantastic RPG, and one of the most engrossing I've ever played.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Great game, well deserved!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

yo_john117 said:

Congrats to fable 2.  Anyone know how much Fable sold?    I hope Fable can manage at least one million more...

To answer your question, Fable 1 sold 2.60 million on the original xbox.

This is great...Job Well done for Lionhead, but I wanna see Fable III...with a bigger and more open world. I'd like to see more business options as well...combat is overrated imho...Fable II's combat system was great...you weren't in real danger...for the most part, but you could get overwhlemed, if you got careless.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder