By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DS Demo Station (Wii channel) coming in November!!

As I mentioned in another thread before. This opens up an even bigger market for the Wii. 100 million DS users at the end of this generation atleast, depending on how long the DS lives it could be anything between 100 and 200 million DS owners who might need to take a look at this. Wii + DS + WiFi = Winner. And that's just the tip of the ice berg.

Around the Network
choirsoftheeye said:
albionus said:
I can't wait for this one. I was under the impression that Nintendo was going to have something like this ready to go in 2006 so I've been waiting for it for a while.

I'm thinking the same thing Shams. Nintendo could release a 2GB SD card for the DS that you could save download only DS games on. There would be lots of opportunity with such a system. Imagine being able to download a Wii/DS version of Pokemon farm. Play it on the Wii and when you have to go transfer it to your DS until you get back. Or another option would be to allow you to download new levels/scenarios for DS downloadable games (DS games also if they had GBA memory card also, or someway to not lock up the system by removing one DS card for another). I like Zelda online a lot but it'd be nice if you could download new maps (I'd pay a fiver for another 10-20).

Anyhow those are just a couple of ideas but given the difficulty of getting a hard drive or headset from Nintendo I'm not exactly encouraged about the prospects any of that happening. It would still be cool though.
The problem with this is that SD card readers are the primary tool that people use to pirate games on the DS.  Nintendo selling something of the sort would be them shooting themselves in the foot.

I should have said "SD cardish".  I don't mean straight SD Cards.  If that's still a problem they could go with custom GBA memory cards.  I don't think those will get in the GB range but it would still work.

Finally Nintendo is leveraging thier greatest advantage. Now we just need Wii demos.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt