By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: We Failed at E3

Iwata: None of us thought our E3 presentation was as good as it could have been.

IGN: Nintendo admits E3 failure (exact wording of the link on the IGN Wii home page)

Say there isn't bias in presentation ... but this kind of shows selective word choice in reporting to me.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
Iwata: None of us thought our E3 presentation was as good as it could have been.

IGN: Nintendo admits E3 failure (exact wording of the link on the IGN Wii home page)

Say there isn't bias in presentation ... but this kind of shows selective word choice in reporting to me.

Mike from Morgantown

Yeah, i noticed that too. Iwata didn't admit failure, he just said that the presentation could've been better.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

I don't understand how Nintendo failed, they showed off some unexpected surprises like Mario galaxy 2, Mario Bros wii, metroid m, golden sun ds, nintendo had the best conference my opinion.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

with almost all of the hd games delayed now we can say nintendo did win E3

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Nintendo didn't say they failed at E3. They said they didn't fully convey the fun factor of several of their games good enough; they didn't deliver the true experience they had to offer, but in no way did they fail.

I re-watched their conference on the Nintendo Channel, and it was great. Better than MS's dog-and-pony show, and Sony's been there done that conference. Nintendo actually surprised me.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I disagree with this. I think Nintendo had a good E3 and Sony's was shit. I mean Hannah Montana one of the biggest cheers of the show? Also the laughable dildo- Wii remote- rip off thingy? People have short memories.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!