By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Collectors editions ? Yes or No ?

No. And the only one I've ever been interested in was Demon's Souls.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I can sum up my feelings by saying that I dislike paying an extra $20 for plastic toys, art books that I'm never going to open, and DVDs that I'm never going to watch. I can see the appeal, but it definitely isn't something that I personally support. They're blatant money-grabbers that prey on the hype of gamers, and more companies should follow Atlus and just give this shit to us for free as an incentive to preorder.

Cactus said:

I can sum up my feelings by saying that I dislike paying an extra $20 for plastic toys, art books that I'm never going to open, and DVDs that I'm never going to watch. I can see the appeal, but it definitely isn't something that I personally support. They're blatant money-grabbers that prey on the hype of gamers, and more companies should follow Atlus and just give this shit to us for free as an incentive to preorder.

Tht is funnny, I have seen Demon's Soul a couple of times in this thread

dsister44 said:
Cactus said:

Tht is funnny, I have seen Demon's Soul a couple of times in this thread

Well, that's the first game that they've had a paid Special Edition for, and it's actually being released with the full strategy guide among other things, which lets buyers who had planned to buy the game and the guide save some money.

Either way, Atlus releases free soundtracks and artbooks with most of their other releases, and that's what I was referring to.

Cactus said:

Either way, Atlus releases free soundtracks and artbooks with most of their other releases, and that's what I was referring to.

This is pretty much all I get for limited edition games myself. What can I say, I love my artbooks, soundtracks, Raiho plushie, etc. Although I guess I did once pay for the extra stuff in recent memory with the Persona 4 Social Link Expansion Pack...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

Halo 2 and Halo 3.

The only ones i ever brought is Zelda wind waker and the Zelda collectors edition which had 5 Zelda games.

recently Gears of War 2, cause the boxart was more appealing to me..
Nice boxes and artbooks bein the main reasons for me to get CEs anyway

I love them, but I love to collect useless crap because I think its fun. This gen I have bought a few, and I will buy more. Here are the ones that I have bought so far:

Halo 3 Legendary Edition
Gears of War 2
Devil May Cry 4
Fallout 3
Resistance 2
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Grand Theft Auto 4

List would include inFamous & MGS4 but I couldnt find them.

I generally don't get them unless I can get them for the same price as the regular (which I did for Assassin's Creed, Fallout 3, and FFXII).

As with DVD/BluRay's, I don't care about the special features and extras.