By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the conduit really look worse than Doom 3 and Riddick on the Xbox?

artistically, yes.

technically, no.

Doom 3 and Riddick are more appeasing, but Conduit is technically superior, the art direction blows though.

Around the Network

The art direction blows... Hmmm, I don't know about that one. I mean, how else do you want to portray real life areas in that kind of game? Museums will always look like museums, sewers will always look like sewers, etc. The game takes place in Washington, I mean it's sure to look "human-like" and feel boring. In other words, real-life sucks?

Doom 3 and Riddick are all dark looking games. How is that better? o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Art is the difference. Those xbox games are simply prettier. Conduit has better texture and overall technology built in, lighting etc. But rid/doom have better art directors.

Like others said, the conduit is a much better technical marvel than the other two, but artistically it is far behind. Let's just say that if the conduit was on the Xbox it would be very hard to make it look(from a technical aspect) the same that it does on the wii. Some thing might look better though, but overall it would probably be worse both technically and artistically compared to the games you mentioned.

No idea about those but I could have run Quake 3 at 1600x1200 ages ago :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I want Doom 3 on the original xbox library.

The Conduit is downright ugly, while The Chronicles of Riddick has a nice feel to it and Doom 3 is looking decent. So yes, The Conduit looks much worse than them.

If High Voltage Software hires some competent graphical artists, they could probably make a better looking game, but their current ability is lacking.

This is invisible text!

The Conduit looks worse because of aesthetic, but the technical power is probably a little better.

The All-Seeing Eye is definite proof of some serious technical power,but the game design falls flat. The 'franchise' could use a visual overhaul.

Riddick, I frankly just didn't like, but it was one of the Top 5 best looking games the Xbox had to offer. I'd also include Ninja Gaiden Black and Dead or Alive 3. Vivendi Universal was pretty good at pushing the visuals on that system. 50 Cent: Bulletproof actually looked good.

Doom 3 was made by iD Software and arguably the best looking game the system had. I'm sure you are aware of their pedigree. It came out 3.5 years into the Xbox's life (7 months before 360 launch) and Vicarious Visions ported it from the PC.

The Conduit had bump mapping, heat distortion, depth of field, detailed water physics, etc.

It isn't much of an excuse, but you have to remember that the team behind The Conduit has not tried too many games of this attempted caliber. The only notable title they had before was Hunter: The Reckoning, and back then that wasn't exactly boundary pushing.
So for a first effort, their game is alright. As long as they ditch those artists immediately and give TC2 a specific look (a la Red Steel) it could be a real standout title on the Wii marketplace.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Killergran said:

The Conduit is downright ugly, while The Chronicles of Riddick has a nice feel to it and Doom 3 is looking decent. So yes, The Conduit looks much worse than them.

If High Voltage Software hires some competent graphical artists, they could probably make a better looking game, but their current ability is lacking.

Wow are you guys kidding me. Riddick and Doom 3 obviously look dull and bland. The Conduit for me please. oh and Conduits about to surpass 200,000 k in sales. Not bad for a new franchise ehA sequel is in the works. And for those that are hating on the art. I'd like to see you make art. I arrest my case. The Grinder will pawn you all. Wait and see. (Sorry had to let that out)

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

theARTIST0017 said:
And for those that are hating on the art. I'd like to see you make art. I arrest my case.

The Conduit is ugly. Plain and simple. How well or bad I would be able to make it look does not enter into it. What matters is how it holds up to the competition. And it doesn't.

This is invisible text!