By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
pastro243 said:
Here in SA, there is some kind of discrimination.

Here, In chile, we dont have black people(not an ammount that could be significative), but people tend to associate a european, more caucassian look, with the higher middle classes and the elite of the country, while people that look more like natives and have darker skin tend to be assosiated with the lower classes.

There are also differences in our countries, while Peru and Bolivia have a lot of indigen people, we have less, ans argentina has even less(its more marked by the Italian inmigration there).

I dont really care about how they look but I find the etnic topic to be interesting when it comes to where do we come from.

True that. I can attest that the color of the skin affects how society will percieve you here (not counting black people since they're barely any, black people will be considered tourists probably), if you put people in a room and ask some individuals to point to the one they think is more likely to be a delinquent, most will point to the one that looks more native/Bolivian/Peruvian, a white blonde is very unlikely to be singled out

A shame, but it's Argentinian society, and seems Chilean ain't much different.

And yes, you're right about Italian, I read something about that the percentage of Argentinian population of Europen descent was almost 90%, and that the people that had an Italian ancestor was more than 50%. Yeah, we received lots of italians...including my grandparents from my dad's side

Around the Network
Orca_Azure said:
Puerto Rican. I don't really care about it, but the ladies do tend to like the hispanics, so I make sure to mention it before every date

lol!

mestizo - spaniard/filipino/malay

I'm an American of French, Spanish, English and German descent(and probably some other smaller things.) Me being a mutt of Europe's larger countries really makes it hard to associate with any of them. I love to learn more about my ancestry though, and the customs that have shaped me today. Sometimes I do wish that I was pushed a little more to associate with my ancestry for education purposes(for example I could know Spanish right now if my father taught me it.) Culture is very important imo, while racially not so much. Evidence of this is the English, Spanish, and French speaking populations, while being so diverse racially all share a common culture(with slight deviations.)

Firstly I'm white American: Irish/Swedish/German/Austrian. I mostly look Scandinavian from what I'm told. No, I'm not Hans or Sven... I'm Ryan thank you.

....and yes, I'm pale.

Important to me? Well, not in college since affirmative action works against me aka reverse discrimination.

Otherwise, I like my ethnic background.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Around the Network

White British. It's very important to me in so far as I'm terribly patriotic. In reality though I have a mix of English, Irish, Italian and French, which I identify with as and when it suits me to do so

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Arabic father + European mother = hatmoza

I've grown to be proud of the Arabic blood that runs through me.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

white puerto rican.

finalrpgfantasy said:
white puerto rican.

lol Im this too

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

I'm white but people don't like it when I'm proud about it.

White skin is beautiful.