By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Buy price matching new games to Gamestop used prices

And this will probably lead to Wal-Mart matching prices with Best Buy. Gamestop will drop prices even lower. This will cause the MSRP to go up. Every company will go to digital distribution.  War will erupt between the  "Digital Distributors" and the "Sons of Physical Media".In a few short months........VIDEO ARMAGGEDON.* Pray.

*read in the voice of the announcer from "The Wizard"

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

And this will probably lead to Wal-Mart matching prices with Best Buy. Gamestop will drop prices even lower. This will cause the MSRP to go up. Every company will go to digital distribution.  War will erupt between the  "Digital Distributors" and the "Sons of Physical Media".In a few short months........VIDEO ARMAGGEDON.* Pray.

*read in the voice of the announcer from "The Wizard"

lol, from one test market store in Utah? I doubt it will ever go beyond that store.

Not bad, a little savings is better than nothing.

SmokedHostage said:
Interesting experiment. Boy does it suck to be broke.

If you want some money and you want to stick it to gamestop at the same time, you can make some quick cash by selling your games... to gamestop and buying from best buy.

How does this work? Used prices vary on the qualityo f the discs and aren't uniform. If Gamestop wanted to be an asshole, they could sell one Used game at a really cheap price, and the rest at a high one.

Around the Network

The one time I wish I lived in utah lol. That would be good savings on some of the older titles are their used prices would be more than $5 off I would think. Interesting to see how it plays out and if it expands to more stores

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

Orca_Azure said:
SmokedHostage said:
Interesting experiment. Boy does it suck to be broke.

If you want some money and you want to stick it to gamestop at the same time, you can make some quick cash by selling your games... to gamestop and buying from best buy.

Considering how little they'll end up giving you in cash compared to credit, I think it'll still be Gamestop sticking it to you.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I never got why Utah is such a big test area for stuff.

It doesn't scream representitive of the nation.

What with all the white mormons.

This sounds like a bad idea though...

Kasz216 said:

I never got why Utah is such a big test area for stuff.

It doesn't scream representitive of the nation.

What with all the white mormons.

This sounds like a bad idea though...

It's a big test market because Utah has a huge middle class population, which is the target of every major retailer.  Also, salt lake city is very diversified so it makes for a good test market.

Best buy are amazing, this is why I only buy from them now (unless I cant find a game).

mM