By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UPDATE: GT5 passes 10 million - Guess the lifetime sales for Uncharted 2, God Of War III and Gran Tursimo 5

CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:

I know this thread is old but I want to predict some LT numbers.

Uncharted 2 will reach 5 million.

God of War 3, 4.5 million.

I'm thinking this is close, but maybe a tad high in both cases.

4-4.2mill God of War III

4.5-4.7 mill Uncharted 2

Well Uncharted 2 should sell more once it becomes Greatest Hits in America. There's also Uncharted 3 that should help. Obviously bundles. The movie might help a little too.

And it's still selling very well as of today.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:

I know this thread is old but I want to predict some LT numbers.

Uncharted 2 will reach 5 million.

God of War 3, 4.5 million.

I'm thinking this is close, but maybe a tad high in both cases.

4-4.2mill God of War III

4.5-4.7 mill Uncharted 2

Well Uncharted 2 should sell more once it becomes Greatest Hits in America. There's also Uncharted 3 that should help. Obviously bundles. The movie might help a little too.

And it's still selling very well as of today.

I forgot about the Greatest Hits Editions of both, so you'll probably be right in both cases.

I actually want to make a so-so crazy prediction: Uncharted 2 will reach 4 million before 2011.

There are still 15 weeks left in 2010. Uncharted 2 is selling around 20k per week (and should go up around the holidays). So (20 X 15) plus Holiday boost = 300k plus Holiday boost.

It needs 360k.

I say it will happen!

I noticed alot of doubters have 360 gamer cards in their signatures.

I would like to ask about Killzone 3 predictions, but I am not able to make a thread. Does anybody know how many posts I will need until I can make a thread?

9087 said:

I would like to ask about Killzone 3 predictions, but I am not able to make a thread. Does anybody know how many posts I will need until I can make a thread?

u need at least 100 post

Around the Network

uncharted 2(current=3.6) between 4.5-5 million lifetime...goty edition,great game for bundling, new adopters will pick it up because of its metacritic, just entering its second holiday season... will pass 4 million by years end.

god of war 3(current 3.0) just over 4 million lifetime, 3.35 by years end

edit: i think gow3 will pass 4.5 after looking at fable 2 sales

gran turismo 5-first week sales between 2-2.5 million,.... lifetime sales: 1.0-1.5 japan, 2.5-3.0 america, 5.0-6.0 europe.   total lifetime = 8.5-10.5 thats a wide gap so lets say 9.5 million, unless it explodes like gt3 of course. 

Does anyone know how Uncharted 2 GOTY Edition is selling?I havent been able to get sales for it anywhere.

LMAO!!! epic predictions, I read back saw sum1 said 4m for  God of war 3 is out of the question AHAHAHAHAH!!!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gilgamesh said:

Gran Turismo 5: 9.5 million

God of War III: 5 million

Uncharted 2: 3 million

The God of War games individually have never been able to land 4 M copies. 4-4.5 copies is out of the question. The installed base is too weak to carry that. It will be 2-3.5 at best. Uncharted will will possibly be 2.5 to 3 million. Gran Turismo this gen will probably be the lowest selling Gran Turismo selling 6-8 million units.

care to reconsider your stance??

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
55 20,948 3,752,094
God of War III (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
33 15,870 3,071,822

DirtyP2002 said:

god of war won't get close to 5 million.

• Uncharted 2: 2.8 million
  • God of War 3: 3.2 million
  • GT5: 8.5 million

I only just found this thread and your predictions make me lol XD

anyways i think UC2 should be abole to break 4 million since we are already at 3.75 million. gow3 i think will hit about 4.2 million in year or 2 time and gt5 in recon could pull of an 9.5

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.