By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Report : PS3 faltering as publishers back Wii

I think it's like a kamikaze effect on the Wii. Developers see the sheer number of Wiis sold and think 'Hay, we NEED to support this console.' They'll flood the market with tons of titles - quality? Not so much. Despite that effect, they are not looking at attach rates. Unfortunately, when soccer moms and seniors are buying a Wii, they get WiiSports and pick up WiiPlay for the free game. That's it, pretty much.

How do I know? Those are the only two games I ever play. I recently got The Bigs, Pool Party, Carnival Games and Brunswick Bowling but I rarely play them.

The 360 offers the best mix - Halo 3, Madden and Bioshock prove how awesome the attach rates are.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
@Grandmaster

You are probably the only person who thinks that seeing as that the GC was outsold by the PS2 by tens of millions. I know you don't care about numbers but they don't care about you either, seeing as that the gc lost.

@Neos

This thread is about the Wii having the most titles and I was just asking if you discount what I said, how many titles are "really" coming to the Wii.

Wait wait wait. Are you defending PS2 sales numbers despite quailty, and then slamming Wii game quality despite great sales numbers in the same post?

Edit:  Ok, I miss read you.  I focused solely on your shovelware comment.  You are actually trying to say Wii is not getting as many games as reported.  Got it, my bad

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

LOL LOL LOL LOL! Nice Trolling Neos. Who even said 3rd party was abandoning the wii for ps3. And those PS2 games that are being ported out to the wii are not the system sellers for the ps2. Also go to metacritic.com and look at the game average for wii games. Only 14 has 75% or higher. Thats pathetic.

Mighty_Douche said:
LOL LOL LOL LOL! Nice Trolling Neos. Who even said 3rd party was abandoning the wii for ps3. And those PS2 games that are being ported out to the wii are not the system sellers for the ps2. Also go to metacritic.com and look at the game average for wii games. Only 14 has 75% or higher. Thats pathetic.

pretty much everyone in the world.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I think it's about time Bodhevesta put up another love thread, because during the last few days people really seem to be getting agitated and curt.

Anyways, I'm suprised I'm the first to point this out. But a lot of the third party games for the 360 and PS3 that we're talking about were the same games we were talking about last year. Games like Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Too Human, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, GTA IV, while the majority of Wii games have relatively recent announcements.

It's the same reason why the Wii's 2008 lineup is such a mystery. We aren't going to know about it's big games a year in advance like the other systems.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:How many of the "eighty six" titles are ports or are from years ago, games that have been or are coming to the DS (Big Brain Academy), games also coming out on the PSP (Medal of Honor Heroes 2), or the PS2 (Manhunt 2) or are shovelware (Boogie)?

I don't quite understand what you are saying though. So of the 86 games going to Wii. How many are going to DS? And are you saying how many are going to PSP or PS2? Or are you asking of the 38 titles going to PS3, what ones are actually going to PSP or PS2? And are you saying shovelware does not actually count as a game? I'm confused

Edit: Wow, I am slow today. A couple hours of sleep does a mind wonders for not catching onto anything, let me tell ya. Ok, so DMeisterJ, you are trying to ask, of the Wii games, how many are ports, multiplatform, or shovelware. So, my original post does apply. Ok, not totally off today. You defended PS2 sales number despite quaility, yet somehow are attacking ports, multiplatform, and shovelware games on the Wii?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Maybe I should report NEOS for trolling....yep he is one

31 million PS3's by end of this year

stof said:
I think it's about time Bodhevesta put up another love thread, because during the last few days people really seem to be getting agitated and curt.

Anyways, I'm suprised I'm the first to point this out. But a lot of the third party games for the 360 and PS3 that we're talking about were the same games we were talking about last year. Games like Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Too Human, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, GTA IV, while the majority of Wii games have relatively recent announcements.

It's the same reason why the Wii's 2008 lineup is such a mystery. We aren't going to know about it's big games a year in advance like the other systems.

I am going to echo stof's call for calm. To me this news isn't so much about how crappy support is for anyone. It does tell me that the Wii is getting support, no matter what you may call that support, but in larger numbers than anyone expected after the last two generations.  

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

the wii is going to go thru the same thing as the ps2---shovel ware little good---more shovel ware little more good--less shovel ware more good---and the wii is a selling machine yeah wii

The wii is stealing all third party support from the PS3 and the 360 is getting ports of almost all of the good third party PS3 games who are desperate to turn a profit. The PS3 is arguably the best thing that could have ever happened to Nintendo or Microsoft.