By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft II moved to 2010.

vlad321 said:
Khuutra I warned you!

Also MW2 doesn't hurt SC2. SC2 would massacre, devour, and shit out MW2.

1. You got lucky. I won't make the same bet for next year, but you would have lost by a tremendous amount this year.

2. SC2 might beat the Hell out of MW2 on the PC, but if you think it will end up outselling MW2 overall then you must be looking at different sales charts than me.

Unless you want to argue that MW2 being owned by more people isn't "higher sales", I suppose - if we were to count each expansion as a new sales....

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
vlad321 said:
Khuutra I warned you!

1. You got lucky. I won't make the same bet for next year, but you would have lost by a tremendous amount this year.

2. SC2 might beat the Hell out of MW2 on the PC, but if you think it will end up outselling MW2 overall then you must be looking at different sales charts than me.

Unless you want to argue that MW2 being owned by more people isn't "higher sales", I suppose - if we were to count each expansion as a new sales....

The only reason for that is piracy. Even if SC2 only sells 10m copies LTD, no less than 3x that will play it...

Jereel Hunter said:
bobacob said:
Does anyone know why this game is taking so long? how big are the dev teams in blizzard?

Even though diablo II was greatand all, I was always confused as to why it took so long to make.

Because they are perfectionists. If they need to make a relatively small change, and it require a lot of effort, they'll do it. Ever hear about the original SC? They had the game ready for alpha testing, and people did not like it. Said it looked too cartoony. Blizzard scrapped it and built a new engine and everything. Then they delivered the flawless classic we know and love, and the rest is history. How many developers are willing to do that? Scrap a product near the end of it's development cycle, essentially doubling it's budget and development time, because they refuse to deliver a sub-par product? Just one.

They also completely scrapped projects (Adventures of Warcraft and StarCraft: Ghost) because they didn't feel the games lived up to their standards.

Also, I'm so glad they changed Starcraft from it's original version because it was fugly!

Signature goes here!

You may well be right, but that doesn't change the fact of what I'm saying.

Jereel Hunter said:
Khuutra said:
vlad321 said:
Khuutra I warned you!

The only reason for that is piracy. Even if SC2 only sells 10m copies LTD, no less than 3x that will play it...

No one in their right mind would play Starcraft 2 only for the single-player. I can see Starcraft 2 sell above 20 millions.

Around the Network

I cant wait for SC:2. Been waiting for long enough. But I'm glad they care about the quality of their games, so this is good. Also I agree with the earlier posts.. BRING BACK LAN SUPPORT >(

shio said:
Jereel Hunter said:
Khuutra said:
vlad321 said:
Khuutra I warned you!

No one in their right mind would play Starcraft 2 only for the single-player. I can see Starcraft 2 sell above 20 millions.

Agreed. I was lowballing  it. But pirates will beable to do multiplayer with private servers and what-not, I'm sure. 20m sounds right to me though, lifetime.

The original Starcraft has sold 11 millions since 1998. I think Starcraft II selling 9 millions more than the original is pushing it a bit. Even factoring WoW players who'll buy the game because it's "from the makers of WoW" it's still a stretch to 20m.

Edit: If you count every campaign as one sale though it'll easily go over 20m.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

The original Starcraft has sold 11 millions since 1998. I think Starcraft II selling 9 millions more than the original is pushing it a bit. Even factoring WoW players who'll buy the game because it's "from the makers of WoW" it's still a stretch to 20m.

Edit: If you count every campaign as one sale though it'll easily go over 20m.

Blizzard is dozens of times more popular than 11 years ago. So is the Starcraft franchise. Starcraft 2 can even become the first real, international e-sport.

Hell, with some more push and ability to penetrate the asian market, it could even reach 30 millions.

FUCK YOU ACTIVISION! i dont think i cant take this anymore. THis game was sposed to be released LAST YEAR and so far its gonna be a 2 year delay in addition to no LAN play. THis sucks

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!