By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Mods - lets make some forum rules

Here's some we should all be able to agree on: No spam. No advertisements. No pr0n (sorry fellas). No warez or anything illegal. No flaming. No blatant trolling. It's fine to be in favor of one console over others, it's even fine to hate Nintendo/Sony/MS, but it's all in how you express it. I think it's easy to pick out the kind of people I'm talking about when I say blatant trolling.

Around the Network

No vulgarity

Entroper said: Here's some we should all be able to agree on: No spam. No advertisements. No pr0n (sorry fellas). No warez or anything illegal. No blatant trolling. It's fine to be in favor of one console over others, it's even fine to hate Nintendo/Sony/MS, but it's all in how you express it. I think it's easy to pick out the kind of people I'm talking about when I say blatant trolling.
This is fairly easy to agree on, except that the last item might be a little contentious as it's vague
Entroper said: No flaming.
One man's flame is another man's gentle spark. This should be enforced carefully or you'll have more shouting at mods for being unfair than actual "flames"
No vulgarity
This might be difficult. When do you cross from colorful language to outright vulgarity? I'm for calling a spade a spade (if something is f'ing stupid then it should be said it's f'ing stupid), but I'm against calling a person names. I would try to add: No personal attacks (of course this includes a person's ancestry and family)

Wow.. this is a lot of rules, never a good sign for a website. but whatever. Anyway can we get an edit post button... sometimes you need to fix a post you made, or if not a edit button -how about a post Preview... and maybe a delete post button. Just incase poster gets the whole thing wrong which can sometimes happen. Me personally I perfer the short and sweet rules like- Entroper said: Here's some we should all be able to agree on: No spam. No advertisements. No pr0n (sorry fellas). No warez or anything illegal. - And I would just add rules are subject to change at any time. As appose to reading rules that look like a credit card statement agreement. but that's just me. short and simple -please. And where are the mod's - Can we get a list of the MODS Somewhere just incase you have some concerns and need to find a mod? You can add me to the Mod list, I would be happy to help out.

No vulgarity aimed at a particular person - i.e. insults, insinuated violence/threats, etc (borders illegal activity anyway).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I agree with all the rules ioi, that's fine for me. Good luck mods and I'll do my best to help!

Now Loading... Please Wait!

ioi said: Well here is a good starting point:
Yes. But I think it should be shorter. Generally, the shorter a list of rules, the more likely it is that people will read them. I think you can shorten it a lot by just not explaining everything. You don't have to justify your stance on abandonware, just say it's not allowed, and that's that. You can always have a rules list, and a rules FAQ if you think people won't understand.

I agree with this list. Perhaps it could be shortened, but I also don't think it's hard for you guys to just take a minute and read through it. Once you know the rules, I'm pretty sure you're not going to forget them, especially if you just use some common sense. If you guys have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me, I'll do my best to keep things running smoothly in the forums.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

That's actually a nice and short (Enough) list for a growing forum. I say we leave it like that.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.