By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is why ps3 MAY win..

There is no way PS3 will win.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Wow, PS3 gets a good line-up of games. Teh ub3r PS3 domination starts in 2008..

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

@Benkenobi88

yeah its a bit stupid they only show like 3 Ps3 exclusive n a few I couldn't even distinguish + most multiplat

But if they did it properly that vid could've been very good...lol

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Moral of the story: Don't use misleading, Console War Provoking Titles for your thread.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Parokki said:
Lots of good games still coming for the PS3, but I don't think they'll make much of a difference. The N64 had Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, while the Gamecube had Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime, but I think we all know how well those turned things around.

In case anyone doesn't remember, those are four of the top 5 highest rated games ever. Ironically the only other game in the top 5 is the Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, which also didn't do too well.

The more I look at the charts, the more and more convinced I become of the quality of games having absolutely nothing to do with how well a system sells. =/

The GC and N64 had there hits, but they were too spread out.  The GC had SMS at launch, Zelda:WW a year later, Metroid Prime a year later, then RE4 right before the system was finished.  If it had gotten all those games in a single year, say the second year of it's life, then it would've taken off.  The ps3 is getting Tekken, MGS, GT, FF, and Socom, all in one year!  The N64 and GC suffered from game droughts throughout their entire lives.  The ps3 doesn't seem to have that problem, post-2007.  Even after 2008, there are still games like GoW3, J&D4, and others to look forward to.

Around the Network

In order for the PS3 to win Sony must take these 3 steps

1) Cut a hole in a box

2) Put your junk in that box

3) Make her open the box

And that's the way you do it!!!

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

mancandy said:
In order for the PS3 to win Sony must take these 3 steps

1) Cut a hole in a box

2) Put your junk in that box

3) Make her open the box

And that's the way you do it!!!

lol, that would get them both a restraining order and victory.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

makingmusic476 said:
Parokki said:
Lots of good games still coming for the PS3, but I don't think they'll make much of a difference. The N64 had Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, while the Gamecube had Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime, but I think we all know how well those turned things around.

In case anyone doesn't remember, those are four of the top 5 highest rated games ever. Ironically the only other game in the top 5 is the Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, which also didn't do too well.

The more I look at the charts, the more and more convinced I become of the quality of games having absolutely nothing to do with how well a system sells. =/

The GC and N64 had there hits, but they were too spread out. The GC had SMS at launch, Zelda:WW a year later, Metroid Prime a year later, then RE4 right before the system was finished. If it had gotten all those games in a single year, say the second year of it's life, then it would've taken off. The ps3 is getting Tekken, MGS, GT, FF, and Socom, all in one year! The N64 and GC suffered from game droughts throughout their entire lives. The ps3 doesn't seem to have that problem, post-2007. Even after 2008, there are still games like GoW3, J&D4, and others to look forward to.

Not true concerning the 'Cube. Just at launch (and I do mean at launch, and not in the first year after launch), the system had Rogue Squadron II, Pikmin, Smash Bros., and Super Monkey Ball. That's three more good exclusives than the PS3 launched with. Add the first year on, and you also get Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime (released in 2002, contrary to what you claim), REmake, Phantasy Star Online, Animal Crossing, and Eternal Darkness. Again, still way more good exclusives than the PS3 has at this point - and that's just in the first year of its lifecycle.

If all of those good games couldn't save the $150 Gamecube, what makes you think that a handful of (potentially) good games will save the $400 PS3?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

routsounmanman said:
^^ Unfortunately true. Dreamcast had some of the best title lineup in its (short) lifetime, yet it was overshadowed by the upcoming PS2 (which by the way may have the best line-up EVER now, but back then, it was kinda abysmal).

Wasn't the Dreamcast's launch lineup in fact far superior to the PS2's? I did not get either system during their lifetimes but that is what I have heard.

[edit:  never mind, I figured out what you were saying]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

BenKenobi88 said:
Growing up knowing all about choral and orchestral music, I understand why most people like that video, darthdevidem...choral music tends to make things sound epic. It just seems a bit over the top to me though. Nothing against Sony, but flashing their logo like that a million times just seems arrogant and pointless to me. I'd hate it if Microsoft or Nintendo did it too. Yes, I know what your logo is and what your systems are...please show me something else...

QFT.  It's not even like they were trying to be subliminal or something, but every other freaking frame was "PSP" or (less often) some other Playstation logo. 

It's too bad too, because even though the song was just "Playu playu playu" (as in -station) it was still cool music and deserved a cool ad.  It didn't sound epic to me, just ... good.  Nice energy and left me feeling good, or would have if not for the visual side.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!