By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: No price cut..... oh and Wii Music was bad.

Yep Wii Music was a bad idea, move on.....

- Wii Sports Resort was due to ship earlier, but was held back in order to create enough MotionPlus units
- Wii Fit Plus/New Super Mario Bros. Wii are moving on schedule "We have absolutely no worry that they will not be released as scheduled."
- Iwata believes that Wii Sports Resort/Wii Fit Plus/New Super Mario Bros. Wii could all sell 10 million units before March 2010
- "We'd like to work so that people say 'This was the best Christmas in Nintendo history.'"
- Iwata disappointed with Wii Music and Animal Crossing: City Folk sales - "Last year, Wii Music and Animal Crossing City Folk did not reach our expectations. If we had made them into long sellers, the effects of the lack of software in the first half of the year would have been lowered. However, their sales slowed in a relatively short term."
- no price cut coming - "At present, we're not thinking of doing anything with the price."

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/08/03/iwata_qa_summary/

The price cut thing is interesting, mostly because they can do it anytime. I don't know how much is doing Nintendo for every Wii sold but it's a good year to flood the market this Holiday.

Around the Network

What

He didn't say it was a bad idea, he said it was disappointing in terms of sales

This is a misleading title and OP

Khuutra said:
What

He didn't say it was a bad idea, he said it was disappointing in terms of sales

This is a misleading title and OP

It's a joke, Wii Music was such a Hate machine here back in the day.

I thought Animal Crossing sold great....

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:

I think that they had huge expectations for both games, probably they tought that they'd be just as big as Wii Fit or maybe bigger.

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:

For a gamecube game, it did!

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

It's actually very great to hear that they know Wii Music was a flop and I hope they know why. It gives me a little bit of hope for the future of the Wii.

But will it be the best Christmas for Nintendo? I don't think so but that's because WF+ is not my thing and SnP2 isn't coming this year.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Boutros said:
It's actually very great to hear that they know Wii Music was a flop and I hope they know why. It gives me a little bit of hope for the future of the Wii.

...2.58 million is a flop?

Khuutra said:
Boutros said:

...2.58 million is a flop?

I consider it a flop if the expectations are not reached.