By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs. Xbox Live - which is better now?

I'd say Live remains slightly ahead from a videogame perspective, mainly due to its better matchmaking and voice chat.

PSN is very good now, and only really trails a little behind in the community features.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
FKNetwork said:

^Absolute rubbish, can't believe you actually just said that, can really see your "pro-Sony" stance shining now CGI!

I see no rubbish except for your post. My opinion is just that, an opinion. You posted just that, an opinion. It has nothing to do with "pro-Sony", I prefer the games/services of PSN, and the communications of Xbox Live. And I said that in here. Obviously, you didn't read through the whole thread. Nothing I said in here was one-sided, YOU on the other hand, just read your post. I'm wrong because I favor things about PSN over LIVE? How ridiculous is that? It's rubbish for people to prefer PSN over LIVE, really, how?

If you have no answers for that, don't quote me then.

^I did read the whole thread actually, I never post in a thread until I have fully read it....

CGI-Quality said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Euphoria14 said:
^ That is just my opinion though.

When people can get DLC with out being taxed even I'll agree

Again, just because YOU think LIVE is better than PSN doesn't make it factual.

LOL, never wrong CGI are you, take a step back and look at this thread again and you will see YOU are in the minority thinking PSN is better than Xbox Live FACT, more people in this thread prefer live over psn, live must be better then right?

and Euphoria14, you have said yourself your not even that much into online features and online games a few pages back, I would say your certainly not a person to listen to in that case if you haven't even used all the online features of BOTH xbox live and psn, sorry if this sounds harsh but its the truth, if you have used both psn and live to their full ability then sorry!

It's like me saying world of warcraft is rubbish when I have never ever played it, see where i'm going with this?

CGI-Quality said:
FKNetwork said:

^I did read the whole thread actually, I never post in a thread until I have fully read it....

Then the highlighted comment shouldn't have been posted. Also, have you any answers to my questions.....?

Yup I do^

CGI-Quality said:
FKNetwork said:
CGI-Quality said:
FKNetwork said:

Then the highlighted comment shouldn't have been posted. Also, have you any answers to my questions.....?

Yup I do^

Shoot...

I would but seeing as all our views are only an "opinion" is it really worth carrying on this argument for? seems to me some of us will never ever agree on the live vs psn issue no matter what we say or bring to the table....

And besides, I'm not going to win an argument against a vgc legend like you am I!?

Around the Network

I don't play a lot of xbox live so I can't really give it the edge without playing more games online. I will say this though:

The fact that there's no way to play online/local mixed with Worms 2 Armageddon or Castle Crashers (Castle Crashers lets you but you have to use a level 1 character!)  makes no sense whatsoever. I'd trade half the xbl bullet points that xbox fans have listed in this thread so I could do mixed local/online in those two games.

Though I only have experience with these two, I suspect there are others with rubbish local/online mixed compatibility. This is completely inexcusable for a premium online service and I hope it's some fault of the developers and not some forced restriction on online play without a gold account.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I would say Live. I also think the fact that PSN is free should not be stated as one of its bonuses. To the consumer? Sure, but it does allow for far more content to be delivered via Microsofts network.

CGI-Quality said:
FKNetwork said:

I would but seeing as all our views are only an "opinion" is it really worth carrying on this argument for? seems to me some of us will never ever agree on the live vs psn issue no matter what we say or bring to the table....

And that is why it is an opinion. I've seen all that has been brought to the table, in fact I've used them since I have both, and can tell you that it doesn't matter.

Btw, when did I say I prefer PSN completely over LIVE? I didn't, that's why you should READ what I post. Not as "pro-Sony" as you like to claim, but since I wasn't defending Sony but people's right to be subjective and that there were no facts when saying which one was better, that comment was out of context.

Oh well, argument over...

It's not over till the Fat Princess sings!

ameratsu said:

I don't play a lot of xbox live so I can't really give it the edge without playing more games online. I will say this though:

The fact that there's no way to play online/local mixed with Worms 2 Armageddon or Castle Crashers (Castle Crashers lets you but you have to use a level 1 character!)  makes no sense whatsoever. I'd trade half the xbl bullet points that xbox fans have listed in this thread so I could do mixed local/online in those two games.

Though I only have experience with these two, I suspect there are others with rubbish local/online mixed compatibility. This is completely inexcusable for a premium online service and I hope it's some fault of the developers and not some forced restriction on online play without a gold account.

Nope, that is completely the developer's fault.  Halo 3 is a good example of someone without gold playing over Live and locally with someone with Gold.  You are just considered as a guest.  This is functionality that MS provides in their API.

Live beats out PSN from a community stand point (cross game voice chat alone gives it a nice advantage, imo).

However, the PlayStation Store has more content than XBLA, between the deal Sony has to publish PSN titles, the ps1 classics, the video store, etc.

Steam destroys them both.  :P