By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Slim 360? A kowenicki rumour...?

Just make sure it doesn't have RROD problems MS. We don't need you rushing out your products again

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

I just hope it comes out soon!

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

MontanaHatchet said:
nightsurge said:
MontanaHatchet said:
So I'm guessing that a 360 slim isn't copying at all...

I guess if you want to be technical, yes they are copying the age old strategy of consoles slimming down.  But at least they are not making their slim look exactly like a competing product! (or maybe they will, since we have only seen the mobo so far, lol)

Interesting defense. Still, let's make another comparison.

Nintendo introduces the Wii with motion controls. It's wildly successful, and turns their fortunes around. Sony copies this strategy not once, but twice in an attempt to gain more market success. While motion controls were not an entirely new idea, they were a major catalyst for Nintendo and they helped the Wii's success considerably.

Sony introduces the PS3 with a slimmed down version. It's wildly successful, and turns their fortunes around. Then, as the PS3 pulls ahead of the 360 in sales (because of the sales boost of the slim version), rumors begin to surface that Microsoft is planning a slim 360. Sure, a slimmed down system isn't an entirely new idea. Still, it's very unlikely Microsoft would have considered this unless Sony had introduced a slim PS3 and pulled ahead of them in weekly sales by a considerable margin. That did happen, however, and if such a product comes from Microsoft, it will just be imitation and market response (which is hardly new for the Xbox brand, but whatever).

I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, since Vgchartz arguments bore the shit out of me now. Just seems to me like Microsoft is following Sony's lead in this department.

Not to mention I was only joking around. 

SpartanFX said:
heruamon said:
Yeah...let's hope M$ has sufficient amounts of transfer kits for all the people who will NEED to migrate their data over to the new consoles...I just got my MW2 bundles console on launch, and now I'm going to have to get a new console when this drops...darn.

I hope I can hold onto this new console for 2 years...so...Nexbox in 2012, imho.

How many xboxes do u need?wouldn't u be better off buying another console to enjoy what they have to offer as a gamer???i mean if u have the money for another console why would you rebuy the same (it seems you already ahve more than one xbox 360)?it would be like me buying 4 PS3s .I bought one in 2007 and that's it. if i buy another console it will be an Xbox 360 not another PS3.it seems u worship MS instead of being a gamer .Sorry if i m wrong and sound judgemental ,,but this issue seems really wierd to me.

OT:

good stuff.hope it happens as i might buy it :p

You are being judgemental, and more importantly, trying to tell me how to spent my money, which is stupid, imho...but thanks for your input...how about yyou buy me a slim , and I will promise to use it.

That's like telling a Football fan to watch Arena Football over the NFL...or watch MLS over European Football if you're a REAL socceer fan...pure stupidity.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

but ... this thread is old ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I believe it. Mircrosoft want's to counter Sony's move.It's a big chess game between the two companies. That's all it is.

eb30577 said:
Ha, thats a joke. The North American culture it's all about bigger and louder. Look at the car industry, thats what killed them. While the Asian markets were perfecting and miniaturizing their cars, GM, Ford and Chrysler were digging themselves into a bigger financial hole. So I predict that MS is not working on a smaller Xbox360, but, instead a bigger and louder version of the current one.

yeah...the workers who make double what the ones working for the japanese companies make has no bearing at all....just the big vehicles which are the top sellers because thats what people buy.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

all I can say is I don't mind the power brick at all....when I travel with my 360 I just switch the ntsc one with a pal and it works perfectly...

plus my friend is buying my 360 this summer so if a slim is announced i'm buying it!!!

I jsut sold my old elite today...so I'm not worried about gettign some $$$ back for my next 360 Lite.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

MontanaHatchet said:
nightsurge said:
MontanaHatchet said:
So I'm guessing that a 360 slim isn't copying at all...

I guess if you want to be technical, yes they are copying the age old strategy of consoles slimming down.  But at least they are not making their slim look exactly like a competing product! (or maybe they will, since we have only seen the mobo so far, lol)

Interesting defense. Still, let's make another comparison.

Nintendo introduces the Wii with motion controls. It's wildly successful, and turns their fortunes around. Sony copies this strategy not once, but twice in an attempt to gain more market success. While motion controls were not an entirely new idea, they were a major catalyst for Nintendo and they helped the Wii's success considerably.

Sony introduces the PS3 with a slimmed down version. It's wildly successful, and turns their fortunes around. Then, as the PS3 pulls ahead of the 360 in sales (because of the sales boost of the slim version), rumors begin to surface that Microsoft is planning a slim 360. Sure, a slimmed down system isn't an entirely new idea. Still, it's very unlikely Microsoft would have considered this unless Sony had introduced a slim PS3 and pulled ahead of them in weekly sales by a considerable margin. That did happen, however, and if such a product comes from Microsoft, it will just be imitation and market response (which is hardly new for the Xbox brand, but whatever).

I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, since Vgchartz arguments bore the shit out of me now. Just seems to me like Microsoft is following Sony's lead in this department.

Well, good for Sony. They have to do something first this gen.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau