By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Slim 360? A kowenicki rumour...?

Does this situation remind anyone else of the price is right? I feel like Sony just bid 300 on the showcase and MS goes and bids 301. Know what i mean? ;o

Around the Network

so many blue names in this thread

OT: I dont see why MSFT would need a slim 360, the current model is fine

zaMy said:
"New 360 Slim, with twice the RROD and overheating as the regular 360".

The Slim 360 will have 8 lights...?

It depends on manufacturing costs. The whole point of designing a smaller foot print console is the reduction of components, reduction in die size of heat generating components, reduction in cooling system size, packaging materials, shipping cost, etc.

Essentially it enables reduction in production costs while still enabling a reduction in price at retail or maintaining higher profit margins per unit (or both).

In the case of the Xbox, it will allow MS to do a "relaunch" of the console along with Natal while still remaining the same hardware specs for developers.

It's a win-win situation.

there is no doubt at all that they are testing this... they are probably doing a number od diffrent things that could reduce cost and increase production and productivity.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
@seece

I am pretty sure some people are a tad pissed that me and you are seece....

I want to be disliked too

Done. :)

NOW PISS OFF

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

360 Slim early this summer!

Tap him?
isn't he your brother?

OT: roll on E3. I want to know if you're right.

p.s. i want you to be right.

eb30577 said:
Ha, thats a joke. The North American culture it's all about bigger and louder. Look at the car industry, thats what killed them. While the Asian markets were perfecting and miniaturizing their cars, GM, Ford and Chrysler were digging themselves into a bigger financial hole. So I predict that MS is not working on a smaller Xbox360, but, instead a bigger and louder version of the current one.

you're a fuckin idiot.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

all i hope is the 360 slim better look damn sexy. the PS3 went from glossy fat to matte slim, maybe the 360 slim will be gloss?