By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Orange box for PS3

Why is the PS3 Orange Box Delayed?  For how long?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/orangebox/default.asp

no mention of PS3 Orange Box at Gamestop. 

Around the Network

For some reason EA is porting the ps3 version of Orange Box, while Valve are working on the PC and 360 versions. I assume that is the reason for the delay.

Also, don't expect the ps3 version to be on par with the 360 version, either. Why do ps3 owners get shafted so much?

developers have to play to both of the systems weaknesses and none of the strengths, we know this. Good thing the trend is slowly ending and proprietary development is being executed for each system instead of porting it.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

makingmusic476 said:
Why do ps3 owners get shafted so much?

Why do Sony fans constatnly ask this?  At this point, it is common sense.  Your console has a very small userbase.  Even more so, it is a rubix cube of hardware. It is not worth the money that it takes to develop for the console, since A. it's more expensive to develop for (due to the complexetiy) and B. there is a smaller pool of potential customers.  These 2 factors combined make a very unattractive console for developers.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Anybody who has a 360 and Ps3 and buys this on Ps3 has to be one of those people who pay women to torture them. I can only imagine how much worse the EA random team developing it will be than Valve themselves who made the 360 and PC versions. Valve has no respect for the Ps3 or it's owners so why would you support them giving their games off to garbage EA developers?

For the football inclined: they handed off the Ps3 version to Eli Manning and let Peyton Manning make the other two.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network
Avalach21 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Why do ps3 owners get shafted so much?

Why do Sony fans constatnly ask this? At this point, it is common sense. Your console has a very small userbase. Even more so, it is a rubix cube of hardware. It is not worth the money that it takes to develop for the console, since A. it's more expensive to develop for (due to the complexetiy) and B. there is a smaller pool of potential customers. These 2 factors combined make a very unattractive console for developers.

Most developers are smarter than that though. They understand that there is nothing from stopping the PS3's user base from growing, and given the facts for hardware comparison it seems a little shortsighted to develope games for the 360 IMO. Many developers know to develope for the stronger piece of hardware- but then again, many devs also only think about money ( why shouldnt they- they are businesses) - so they develope for the 360 and port it.

The simple answer is because Microsoft launched their consloe a year before the PS3. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Well I feel the reality is the PS3, in the end, isn't THAT much more powerful than the 360...not enough for developers to care.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The real losers are the wii owners they don't even get the port :D

GranTurismo said:
The real losers are the wii owners they don't even get the port :D

very true.