By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Random crashes while viewing VGChartz

I've recently been having issues viewing the forums of VGCharts, whenever I have the flash plugin for firefox turned on, VGChartz would cause firefox to crash randomly when viewing pages. This seems to only occur in this site, anyone else with similar issue? Tips to resolve this? Google hasn't been much help and since this is the only site thats been effected, I'm hoping someone can point out something obvious,

OS is XP and using firefox 3.5.1 with the latest player from adobe...

Around the Network

Yeah it has crashed on me three times now. Whats going on?

Yeap its crashing on my all the time as im trying to post on this thread lol. On one link on vgchartz, i always get a Norton detection of being at risk and closes firefox and will continue to close it whenever i open it until i restart my comp.

4 times in the row......:(

yeah I got it about 10 times in a row (had many open windows) and once i pinned it down to here, I just installed ABP and NoScript (work comp didn't have it), all is fine now.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

It seems to be like that sometimes. I always figure that its because I have to use an older version of our browser at work. (they will not update IE or let us use anything else.)

me too. My IE crashed too, and my Firefox. My Symantec accused a Trojan, a WoW password trojan, to steal WoW accounts. That's odd.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Small update on this issue

It's not just a few times a day for me, its consistent, if my shockwave (flash) is turn on in the plugin section for firefox, firefox will always crash on the first thread that I view on (It won't crash if I'm browsing the forum, only on entering a thread). Those thread don't even use flash as far as I know, don't they only appear on the front page? or is this an issue with the add?

I cannot detect anything out of order if I turn shockwave off but the site then works fine (Except for the front page flash not working). Its rather annoying having to turn shockwave off each time I come here as its needed for youtube etc.

Help or pointers would be greatly appreciated... don't know what's wrong and this has not happen before, only started happening today!

Same here and it's the ONLY site I visit which has this problem and I go on loads of sites, crashes in Firefox 3.5, IE 8, Safari and Opera,

And when this site isn't crashing it always makes my browser freeze and act REALLY slow, it also grinds to a halt if you have more than one or two vgc tabs open at the same time, It's also the same on my laptop,

It's all the flash powered adverts causing this, just too many of them! if I visit this site with "Adblock Plus" firefox addon enabled the site loads instantly and no crashing at all, maybe we should all just do that? no adverts = no problem!

Urrgh I don't know its getting worse? I'm crashing on the front page too now. This site is basically not accessible for me unless I turn off flash plugin atm!