By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who is your favorite comedian

George Carlin, Bill Cosby, Richard Pryor, Sam Kinison, Lewis Black, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Denis Leary, Sinbad, Eddie Izzard.

Those would me top ten in order. You might suspect I am a comedy buff, and you would not be far mistaken. I have dozens of CDs, and know many of the routines by heart. From Carlins seven dirty words to do you have a flag.

Around the Network
Bass.exe said:
@ Stof. The sketch was funny and a lot of people started using it. And Rick James actually said it on the BET awards.

I just described a lot more sketches than the Rick James one.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Zack Galifianakis, Demetri Martin, Mitch Hedburg, Andy Samberg...plenty others, but those are the top few I can think of right now.

Check out their stuff...a million times better than anything Carlos Mencia ever does, in my opinion. I'd say half of Chapelle and Mencia's jokes are race jokes...which are funny most of the time, but they're not hard to do or very original.

I enjoy much more original, more offbeat humor.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Brian Regan, Mitch Hedberg (RIP), Nick Swardson, Dane Cook (yes i know but hes funny), Robin Williams. Yea my list can go on and on but those are top 5 i guess.

edit:thanks to Ben i remembered Demetri Martin, woot for getting his own comedy central show!!!!! 

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Either George Carlin or Brian Regan.

Surprised Regan hasn't been mentioned. Hardly has a crude/racial joke, but can still knock you off your seat. Hysterical guy.

EDIT: Figures right when I post this someone above me mentions him, =P. 

Around the Network

Russel Peters is terrific. He talks about Race, but in a funny way, as opposed to Mencia who just makes racist jokes. (really, Mencia is the least funny comedian I've heard in years)

Peters also has a comedy show in the works. Which has me both excited and fearful (because it's on fox)

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Jerry Seinfeld, I haven't seen much of his standup, but I the show Seinfeld to death....

carlos is kinda funny.

hes not racist, or is he

Doh how could I forget mitch hedberg.  My god that man was funny as hell I mean his jokes can have me laughing just for minutes on end.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

Brian Regan

"Moosen" I about wet my pants.