By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Regarding Xbox 360 HD-DVD player or Blu-ray

Okay I just purchased a Insignia 20" HDTV and its output signals are 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i. I'm thinking about purchasing a HD-DVD player for the 360. Will I be able to watch HD-DVD movies on the HDTV I have?

And is there a major difference between 720p and 1080p?

I heard that if your HDTV is small like mine, I have a 20" its not noticeable. Is that true?

Edit: I do have 2 HDMI ports in the back of my HDTV.

Around the Network

I hate it when people waste there money on HD DVD...

mM

@leo-j

Can you just leave this thread, seriously all you really are is a troll. Go out and get girls and do something with your life, seriously.

*their.

Sorry, bothers me.

W29 said:

Okay I just purchased a Insignia 20" HDTV and its output signals are 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i. I'm thinking about purchasing a HD-DVD player for the 360. Will I be able to watch HD-DVD movies on the HDTV I have?

I heard that if your HDTV is small like mine, I have a 20" its not noticeable. Is that true?

It depends really on the physical size of your screen. On huge screens (45 inches or more), you will notice a difference between 720p and 1080p. On smaller, you really won't. On a 20" screen like you're describing, you would not be able to see any difference.

You should have no problems watching HD movies with what you're describing. Just make sure you hook up either HDMI cables or component for your signal. 

Around the Network
takeru51 said:
*their.

Sorry, bothers me.

What?!? Can people just stop coming into this thread and stop going off topic. I'm just asking a question.

You should be able to watch the movies just fine. Once you get to 720P is when you start to see a difference vs standard tv. Hope you enjoy it and take advantage of the free movies you get when you buy it.

scotland yard said:
W29 said:

It depends really on the physical size of your screen. On huge screens (45 inches or more), you will notice a difference between 720p and 1080p. On smaller, you really won't. On a 20" screen like you're describing, you would not be able to see any difference.

You should have no problems watching HD movies with what you're describing. Just make sure you hook up either HDMI cables or component for your signal. 

I thought in order to watch HD DVD movies you need to have a HDTV that has 1080p, is that true? or I can view HD DVD movies in 720p?

W29 said:
scotland yard said:
W29 said:

I thought in order to watch HD DVD movies you need to have a HDTV that has 1080p, is that true? or I can view HD DVD movies in 720p?

No, it's not true. HD movies will play on a 720p TV.

scotland yard said:
W29 said:
scotland yard said:
W29 said:

No, it's not true. HD movies will play on a 720p TV.

So me playing HD DVD movies is good as long as I have  HDTV. And I need to use the HDMI cable right?