By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When did you notice a division in sides in gaming.

When did you notice sides in the console wars and when did you started taking sides in it.

For me gaming started out as just gaming when I got my Atari 2600.  Then things changed for me when I saw my cousin get a Sega Master System and not to long after my mom bought me a NES.  I started becoming a huge Nintendo then and I kinda was against Sega.

My cousin would get sonic games and I would get mario games.  He got Phantasy star and I got Final Fantasy and it went on like that.  Im not to much of a fanboy now I got just about all the systems as years went on.  Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft I got all their systems.

When did you start seeing sides in gaming.  And what part if you did become a fanboy did you become one? 

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

Around the Network

hmm... I noticed a mild rift between the nintedo and sega crowd in the "console war" era...

I was a nintendo fanboy (not a big one) when I had an Nes.

And I shifted to Playstation when their were no more interesting games on N64.

And GC was for me a dissapoint so I never went really back to Nintendo.

But I am not that kind of guy who choose a side. You can have that vision when I defense a console very much but I am not really one I think :s;

SNES/Sega Genesis/TG16...Probably the most vicious war I can remember. Smear campaigns were rampant and they were on TV or comic books/magazines because of an irrelevent internet at the time.

NES vs Sega Master never really seemed all that "Warlike."  NES was the system to have back then, although some neat titles came out for sega master I can only recall one person in my neighborhood growing up who had one.  Every other house on my block that had kids had an NES.

I joined gaming with Sony in the Playstation first launched, so my loyalty has never really been anywhere other then with Sony.

I did buy a Gamecube though. I only bought 4 games for it, Metroid Prime 1 & 2 and Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil Zero. I have bought a Wii since then but again I usually buy PS3 games and ignore majority of Wii games. I own Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 and I intend to get Galaxy and that's it for the Wii.

So yeah, I am a Sony fan since I own a lot of PS1, PS2 and many PS3 games.

I completely refuse to touch anything that says "Xbox"

Around the Network

Atari vs. Collecovision ... Collecovision FTW Baby!

PC vs Console ... massive rift (typically)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

jhlennon1 said:

I joined gaming with Sony in the Playstation first launched, so my loyalty has never really been anywhere other then with Sony.

I did buy a Gamecube though. I only bought 4 games for it, Metroid Prime 1 & 2 and Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil Zero. I have bought a Wii since then but again I usually buy PS3 games and ignore majority of Wii games. I own Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 and I intend to get Galaxy and that's it for the Wii.

So yeah, I am a Sony fan since I own a lot of PS1, PS2 and many PS3 games.

I completely refuse to touch anything that says "Xbox"

Same goes for me. Not that I think the Xbox brand is bad, but I don't see the diversity of games compared to the Playstation and Nintendo brands.

I'll take the case!!!

SNES vs Genesis was the first war for me.

OnlyIsrael said:

SNES/Sega Genesis/TG16...Probably the most vicious war I can remember. Smear campaigns were rampant and they were on TV or comic books/magazines because of an irrelevent internet at the time.

Man it'd be hard explaining that to children now. Makes me feel old. =/