By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why PSP game are under-tracked in other or not tracked at all ?

i have noted that the psp software sale are dramaticaly low, and now i'm sure they are under-tracked, for example Rock band in other is zero ! and this week resistance retribution sell 5000 in us and only 1500 in other ( 3 time less !) where the psp is far more exposed, and resistance on ps3 have sell better in other than us

the question is why psp game are under-tracked in other, or not traked at all .

Around the Network

Media bias towards nintendo and microsoft.

They might be, but maybe not - piracy kills sales BAD.. REALLY BAD. PSP Games suffer greatly.
Hopefully the Go can solve that problem, I sure hope so.

Ioi probably lacks the numbers or resources or both to include all software in others at the moment.

Yeh the PSP worlwide sales are under tracked I could of sworn Sony said there was 200 or 250 million software sold on the PSP back in December. I'll try to find the source.

Around the Network

Because they hardly sell anything.

Retail number varies too much to give estimate due to rampant piracy. Its certainly undertracked, but I think the main issue here is that not many people besides Sony knows the real number.

My guess is the PSP appeals to a core audience that primarily purchases games on the 360 and PS3.

CatFangs806 said:

Ok so PSP 3000's are being sold in Europe, and nobody is buying 1 game for there new handheld gaming device?

mM
leo-j said:
CatFangs806 said:

Ok so PSP 3000's are being sold in Europe, and nobody is buying 1 game for there new handheld gaming device?

Maybe they just wanted a fancy multimedia device that can browse the internets.