By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo games are Evergreen. Its obvious.

Why Most Nintendo Games Are Evergreen Titles

More than any other video game publishers, Nintendo games usually end up being the best-selling titles ever. The main reason for the success of their

video games is that Nintendo games often reach evergreen status. Thus, their titles end up selling briskly years after release. So how did Nintendo games end up with their evergreen status more so than other titles? Let's take a look at several determining factors.Long Standing

History

It is hard to find a person who plays video game today that wasn't a fan of Nintendo at one time or another. After all, Nintendo single-handily saved the video game industry after it suffered a huge crash during the 1980s. The Nintendo Entertainment System made video games popular again. Not to mention that the Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and Nintendo 64 along with the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS are some of the most popular video game systems ever.Because of Nintendo's storied history, their brand recognition is unrivaled in the gaming industry. As a result, their games sell based on the Nintendo brand name. So it is no surprised that their games are so evergreen when it comes to sales.Slow ReleasesNintendo is also careful about not overexposing their video game franchises. You rarely see them releasing two games of the same series on one system. Because of their method, Nintendo was able to keep their popular video game franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart and others) fresh throughout the years. Nintendo games are therefore highly anticipated as consumers will always demand the titles. Therefore, these games stay evergreen in the marketplace.

Quality

Another reason for the evergreen nature of their titles is that Nintendo is also responsible for developing some of the best video games of all time. Among their highly impressive portfolio includes Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Galaxy. The fact is that no other video game company has delivered constantly at a high-performance throughout the years than Nintendo.

Virtual Console

Finally, Nintendo has done an excellent job at keeping their franchises in the minds of gamers despite not releasing a new game for years on end. Recently, they were able to keep interests high on their games by re-releasing classic titles on their Virtual Console service on the Nintendo

Wii. Not to mention that their big crossover fighting franchise, Super Smash Bros., also maintain the popularity of Nintendo franchises.
Because of Nintendo's history and quality, their evergreen games often end up being the best-selling titles ever.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1962148/why_most_nintendo_games_are_evergreen.html?cat=19

Discuss? Seems as though these reasons are ones that core gamers cling too in order to excuse the non evergreen capabilities of other titles. Maybe its the simplicity of their NEW ORIGINAL GAMES, Touch generations, that have encouraged evergreen status.

>edit, i dk how to fix this<

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

nothing is more boring than praising the wii :P

EDIT: VC is popular because it's getting harder and harder to get old nintendo games. Most of the legs from the new games are due to new Wii purchases. There's really no science behind it.

Most of these reasons are not true if not nonsense. The only real reason cited is "quality".
It's hard to find someone that is not a Nintendo fan? I never was a fan of Nintendo's franchises like Mario or even Zelda.
I have all the Zelda, but most I still didn't finish. The only one I really loved was "Link to the past".
I have very little interest in the main Mario games.
But I love Mario Kart, they are amazing games (all of them).
I love JRPG, and the only one I love from Nintendo is Fire Emblem.

It's not nostalgia that makes me like Nintendo games, but mostly the quality and fun that are in most of their games, or the kind of games on their consoles.

I see someone forgot to proofread.

"THUS" Isn't that the definition of evergreen? If so, "thus" makes no sense and should be "that is"

"A person who plays video GAME" game

"SINGLE-HANDILY" -handedly

"it is no SURPRISED" surprise

"AMONG their highly impressive portfolio INCLUDES" duplication; should be "among ... are" or just "... includes"

"[SSB] also MAINTAIN the popularity" maintains

"no other video game company has delivered constantly at A high-performance throughout the years" a high-performance what? This should probably be "delivered constantly at high performance" or better yet "constantly delivered high performance" or "C. D. such H. P."; in any case, unless there is "A high-performance something" then there is no hyphen.

P.S. "... than Nintendo" sounded bad to me but I can't come up with a rule it's breaking, so it gets off the hook. Although, come to think of it, dropping those last two words altogether would make me a lot happier.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

The article misses some of the main and most basic reasons why Nintendo titles are evergreen.

Such as: Mass appeal. Generally girls like Nintendo games as much as guys, occasionally more and Nintendo's games appeal to all age groups.