By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS answers Sony 40 GB PS3 with New Xbox 360 Bundles

By the way, i love how the sony fans talk about ps2 owners dont want the xbox because its low tech, while at the same time sony is alienating those same users by taking out all backwards compatibility for ps2 in its 40 gb ps3.

Around the Network
prlatino86 said:
By the way, i love how the sony fans talk about ps2 owners dont want the xbox because its low tech, while at the same time sony is alienating those same users by taking out all backwards compatibility for ps2 in its 40 gb ps3.

Maybe I'm not reading it right, but I don't understand what you just said. Anyways, if you love it so much, why don't you marry it?

I don't think bundles make the same impact as a price drop, but it'll be interesting to see.

Oh, and since I can't be bothered to read all the responses, have there been any,

"LOLZORZ DESPERATIONZ!"

Comments yet? Because you see those sorts of things every time Sony does ANYTHING AT ALL.

maybe it's just me but i prefer the arcade bundle. I'm a ways off from getting a 360, but if the arcade bundle dips down low enough i'm probably gonna pick it up. I don't have interest in putting music, movies etc on my system, it's on my computer. I also don't really have interest in PC like games for the 360, i would rather just get them on the PC. For me FPS or RTS means PC, while action, adventure, rpg, and sports are for consoles.

For me i prefer to playing competitive games on PC like warcraft or counter-strike, but single player/party games are on consoles.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Coca-Cola said:
Good news! I might be interested in COD4 bundle. I already have 360 but my kids play it more than I do. They have a Wii but they don't play it that much.

If you have a wii and a 360, dont buy another 360- get a PS3, I think any real gaming enthusiast would tell you that. Buy the kids Ratchet and Clank, and GT prologue for yourself. At christmas your household could have Halo, Super Mario Galaxy, Gran Turismo Prologue, now that would be a christmas to remember.

The constant war between Sony and Microsoft is amazing. I feel like Microsoft is just delaying the inevitable IMO. It is so much fun to like video games right now. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

MontanaHatchet said:
prlatino86 said:

Maybe I'm not reading it right, but I don't understand what you just said. Anyways, if you love it so much, why don't you marry it?

I don't think bundles make the same impact as a price drop, but it'll be interesting to see.

Oh, and since I can't be bothered to read all the responses, have there been any,

"LOLZORZ DESPERATIONZ!"

Comments yet? Because you see those sorts of things every time Sony does ANYTHING AT ALL.

Sorry, i was responding to some comments made saying ps2 owners dont want the xbox 360. But if sony is removing BC from some of its ps3 models, then thats what less thing to keep them sticking to sony. Personally, if i invested tons of money in a system, games and everything, i would hope its not a waste in a sense, especially cuz then i can trade my old system in to help with the costs of the new system, while keeping games i like.

Around the Network
prlatino86 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
prlatino86 said:

"LOLZORZ DESPERATIONZ!"

Sorry, i was responding to some comments made saying ps2 owners dont want the xbox 360. But if sony is removing BC from some of its ps3 models, then thats what less thing to keep them sticking to sony. Personally, if i invested tons of money in a system, games and everything, i would hope its not a waste in a sense, especially cuz then i can trade my old system in to help with the costs of the new system, while keeping games i like.

If PS2 owners were so interested in tech, they would not have bought a PS2 in the first place -- they would have owned an Xbox. Even the GameCube was more powerful...

Games are what sold people on the PS2, and games will sell those people on their next generation console, whatever it might be. 

CoD 4 bundle will be awesome. MS is playin hardball and not letting the forty gig gain momentum. this only helps consumers out and lets us pick the lowest price for us.

ultraslick said:
Coca-Cola said:
Good news! I might be interested in COD4 bundle. I already have 360 but my kids play it more than I do. They have a Wii but they don't play it that much.

If you have a wii and a 360, dont buy another 360- get a PS3, I think any real gaming enthusiast would tell you that. Buy the kids Ratchet and Clank, and GT prologue for yourself. At christmas your household could have Halo, Super Mario Galaxy, Gran Turismo Prologue, now that would be a christmas to remember.

The constant war between Sony and Microsoft is amazing. I feel like Microsoft is just delaying the inevitable IMO. It is so much fun to like video games right now.

I'm not sure to get what you said..... the invitable what ???? I mean Sony doesn't look like to be close to have a change in their sale number any time soon... and certainely not one closing the gap..... for now Sony should be worried by making a profit before 2009... but for now their future is far from bright... if nothing happens next year... they enter in a gamecube like scenario..... and then good luck for getting 3rd party on your machine.... and talking about next year release as a savior is plain stupid..... we'll see then.... but right nothing is actual proof of Sony being on the verge to take up and kick everybody... not a single sign shows that..... not compare to 360 and certainly not compare to WII

SO... which is the better deal mate? How many games can that 256MB card hold? 1 year subscription sounds good, and Viva Pinata will only cost $20 extra, so... is the core a good deal??? This has really sparked my interest!