By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Discussin - WHAT HAPPENs if the 40GB Ps3 SUCCEEDS??

7Ghz would require a remarkable breakthrough in manufacturing processes. Considering how stuck we've been at sub 4Ghz for years I highly doubt we're going to see any mass market device at 7Ghz anytime soon.

Around the Network

Sony was going to succeed anyhow, they had a terrific product and just needed to cut the cost. EU sales should at least double, if not more.

But if they launch a $399 PS3 in the US, then things get very dicey... for Microsoft. (The Wii will do fine, it's a different product for a different market.) BluRay and HDTVs are now finally affordable to big chunks of the US population, and the PS3 now has a ton of decent games.

just because the PS1 is weak hardware, doesn't mean it SUCKS leo-j... i bet mgs 1 is better then any of the ps3 games that have been released...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

and in answer to the thread title... sony will make money ... or lose less of it...?

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Taz42 said:

I highly doubt we're going to see any mass market device at 7Ghz anytime soon.

That's basically proof it will be part of the PS4 ;) I kid, I kid.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

360 HAS TO WORRY

WII will be fine......................for now...lol

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

darthdevidem said:
@dimedes

but if they won't have ANY physical media

why even make a disc dive n why not make it small n sleek

LOL...

Lets think about this for a minute:

- what happens to your disc based PS3, PS2, PS1 titles

- no BluRay movie, DVD, CD playback support?

How big is the average PS3 title? 10Gigs? 20Gigs? The legacy of BluRay for games will be huge amounts of space for a game and enormous titles!

160Gig hdisk - enough space for what... 10 games? On my current broadband connection, it could take a WEEK to download a 10Gig title - and use up 1/3rd of my monthly BW allowance. Awesome!

I agree that disc drive-less devices are the way of the future - but its just impossible for Sony (& MS?) at the moment. Even Ninty would struggle. GC games are only 1.5gigs (max) - but that is still large.

They may release a drive-less version of the PS3 in the future - but it will be something else. Some other type of device.

All future consoles (for now - if not forever) will have drives.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

The next-gen consoles will most definitely have a disc drive. Blu-Ray will be the standard, and dual-layer discs will finally be used to their full potential. Hell, they may even use quad-layer 100gb discs if it's cost effective. Either way, most people won't have the internet capacity to handle large games via download, so the big three would be ostracizing quite a large part of the market.

Soriku said:
Lol, counter topic. And PS4 will have BC. And better grammer/spelling = Accepted.

I always find it amusing when someone corrects spelling and english but then spells grammar as grammer. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Of course I don't mind it as long as I can read it, but it's just like calling someone an idot     

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Soriku said:
leo-j said:
Believe it or not, european ps3 owners didnt care about backwards compatibility. Accprding to SCEE. They had a poll and thousands voted. They said the best thing to take out for a cheaper ps3 was the memory card slots, then the BC. Still plays ps1 games, but who cares they suck any way.

I f it suceeds(by suceeding sales must stay at 80k + weekly in OTHERS alone)

Then it may be released in north america, and may increase sales by alot. A $399.99 PS3 will woop the $hit out of any 360 model. Sony's competition shouldnt be micro$oift alone. It should be nintendo.

1. Link to poll. 2. PS1 games suck? You phail. 3. Grammer, we need grammer!...And spelling.

LOL at this dude trying to correct someone's "grammer"