By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - And Then Sony Says That They Follow A Proper Marketing Strategy

FJ-Warez said:
Final-Fan said:
FJ-Warez said:

Fair enough. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Microsoft did take the existing console market and adjust it with the 360 by introducing different SKU's, this we know.

The production of consoles like computers, offering different price points is genius. The ability to alter a console without completely coming out with a new one is amazing when compared to past generations. This makes me think this generation will last much longer than any before it.
Point is that because of the need to develop new SKU's (whatever that need may be- price/low sales) Sony is adapting very fast to its companies needs.

Because of the multiple SKU's the console market can refine itself as time goes on.

( I know that you all know this, I just find it pretty amazing) 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

leo-j said:
PHIL HARRISON IS

SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA.

He does nothing with the other people.

He is SCEA. He is staying with his word. SCEE are idiots.

Come again?

Phil Harrison is the British corporate executive and a representative director of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. (SCEI) and Executive Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE). At E3 in 2005 he showcased the first public realtime demonstrations of PlayStation 3 development hardware which included the famous ducks demo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Harrison

Before you yell out something put your facts straight at first my boy.

Jack Tretton is the president of SCEA and I even know that without being a fanboy :P

Plus for the information there are rumors spreading America will "also" have the 40GB PS3 "next month".

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/business/news/e3i23389b356d961fd23062dec8891c4eff

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

@ non sequor, well the last time i checked the comparison charts did have PS2 others data otherwise it wouldn't have gone all the way up to 110million (which is what this site has for sell-through of PS2 even though the shipment page shows 117million)

but as the 360 is supposedly doing better than the x-box (which was comparable to GC early on) and the PS3 is tracking similar to 360 i thought i'd compare the PS3 sales graph to the GC shipped numbers, a full year after release (September 2002...but that's because GC was released in Japan first Sept 2001) the GC had only shipped 6.7million, and though that only includes one christmas i figured the PS3 after a year would be at similar numbers.

actually maybe you are right, because the PS3 after one year would be mid November, so it will probably be only about 5.5-6million, whereas GC must have been a bit higher (maybe slightly over 6M...not sure about how many GC would have been on shelves)

and @ dallas, as far as i knew the PS2 chipset has moved onto the 45nm process, i could be wrong about the EE specifically, but i'm sure some chips in the PS2 were definately being made at 45nm.

TWRoO said:
@ non sequor, well the last time i checked the comparison charts did have PS2 others data otherwise it wouldn't have gone all the way up to 110million (which is what this site has for sell-through of PS2 even though the shipment page shows 117million)

but as the 360 is supposedly doing better than the x-box (which was comparable to GC early on) and the PS3 is tracking similar to 360 i thought i'd compare the PS3 sales graph to the GC shipped numbers, a full year after release (September 2002...but that's because GC was released in Japan first Sept 2001) the GC had only shipped 6.7million, and though that only includes one christmas i figured the PS3 after a year would be at similar numbers.

actually maybe you are right, because the PS3 after one year would be mid November, so it will probably be only about 5.5-6million, whereas GC must have been a bit higher (maybe slightly over 6M...not sure about how many GC would have been on shelves)

and @ dallas, as far as i knew the PS2 chipset has moved onto the 45nm process, i could be wrong about the EE specifically, but i'm sure some chips in the PS2 were definately being made at 45nm.

Or maybe I'm wrong. It does look like the three separate charts add up to the current worldwide total for the Gamecube. Still, the separate charts do make it look like the PS3 is slightly under or on par with the Gamecube in each market while the worldwide shows the PS3 slightly ahead of the Gamecube so I'm not quite sure what's right.

I think I know what it is. The Gamecube didn't have a worldwide launch like I thought. The delay between the US and Japan launches and the others launch was smaller for the PS3 than it was for the Gamecube so even though it's not beating the Gamecube with launches aligned in the individual markets, all together it is ahead of the Gamecube, due to it having more sales from others included so far. 

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
leo-j said:
PHIL HARRISON IS

SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA.

He does nothing with the other people.

He is SCEA. He is staying with his word. SCEE are idiots.

Come again?

Phil Harrison is the British corporate executive and a representative director of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. (SCEI) and Executive Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE). At E3 in 2005 he showcased the first public realtime demonstrations of PlayStation 3 development hardware which included the famous ducks demo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Harrison

Before you yell out something put your facts straight at first my boy.

Jack Tretton is the president of SCEA and I even know that without being a fanboy :P

Plus for the information there are rumors spreading America will "also" have the 40GB PS3 "next month".

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/business/news/e3i23389b356d961fd23062dec8891c4eff

According to my knowledge Phil Harrison is the president of Sony Worldwide Studios, as Taz42 already mentioned. The wikipedia article seems a bit outdated to me, so you should get your facts straight as well.

Edit: The article actually contradicts itself - how can he be SCEE's CEO and the head of SCEWW at the same time?

Anyway, SCEE's current CEO is David Reeves who seems to even surpass Phil at making statements without further reflection.