By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's the best way to build a good looking body?

As a male, I'm just skinny. For the past couple years, I've lived with loose muscle and a little flab if you will. You won't notice it from the outside at all, but without my shirt on, you'll see it. I'm a generally nice guy, but I dislike my looks a lot. I noticed the way I dress can change my looks a lot, and girls think I'm cute and sometimes hot, but to me, I don't seem to get noticed enough.

Another problem is that, compared to most guys, I'm kind of weak. I never get into fistfights, but I would like big arms to show off and be taken seriously as a person. I'm hardly taken seriously, and I'd like people to take me into consideration. I'm also shy around new people, and maybe looking stronger and better will get me noticed as well.

Now the most important part. How do I get to this point? I'm already gaining muscle by cutting wood this summer, but how do I get my chest and stomach hard and flat? This may seem like a weird thread, but I've been battling this self esteem issue for a long time, and being made fun of a little in high school only made it worse. If anyone has advice, please help me out, as I want a strong, muscular body. I'm not just trying to fit in better. I also want to feel better about myself.

Around the Network

Ab workouts and standard pushups are free and should do the trick.

RCTjunkie said:
Ab workouts and standard pushups are free and should do the trick.

I don't mind the usual ab workouts, but pushups are annoying beyond anything. I can never stay in the correct posture long enough to do ten. I'm more capable of situps, as they are just easier.

here you go rookie - http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/

If you cant do many pushups, just do as many as you can than the next day do one more than that etc...  Theres also pullups which are a bitch to do for most people.

Or you could always get Wii Fit

Around the Network
Craan said:

If you cant do many pushups, just do as many as you can than the next day do one more than that etc...  Theres also pullups which are a bitch to do for most people.

Or you could always get Wii Fit

I don't have a Wii, and I don't plan on buying one. Wow, that sounded completely wrong.

You're asking a video game community.

A VIDEO GAME community.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

A VIDEO GAME community.

I know, but there has to be some guys on this site that have a muscular body, or at least a body better than mine.

CatFangs806 said:
dtewi said:

A VIDEO GAME community.

I know, but there has to be some guys on this site that have a muscular body, or at least a body better than mine.

A video game community.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I guess the Wii just isn't for everyone. Do you still go to highschool? It might have a weight room.