By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - xbox 360 elite is the same price as 80g ps3

I hear alot of complains about  the ps3 being too expensive and yet no one talks about the fact that the xbox 360 elite

is the same price as the 80g ps3 399 why?

The only thing the elite has that the other 360 models dont is more memory and hdmi ,  some newer models of the 60g 360 have hdmi so its realy nothing new and different.

I dont care if  theres a 299 xbox 360.

I dont care if theres a 199 xbox 360.

microsoft profits from each 360 elite and sony loses from each 80g sold, I hope people stop complaining about the ps3 being expensive.

Around the Network

And that is why more ppl buy PRO or arcade.

Yeah, but most people don't buy the elite. Same issue as the 399.99 ps3, PRICE!!!

most of the sales are the arcade anyway.
smart buyers get the pro.

and the 160gb PS3 is 499$!

Xoj said:
most of the sales are the arcade anyway.
smart buyers get the pro.

and the 160gb PS3 is 499$!

no one is talking about the 160g ps3

Around the Network

There is no question that the Xbox 360 needs to go down in price. However, so does the PS3.

this OP has internet forum tourettes or something.

Awesome observation, you are absolutely correct in your analysis, however, gamers have the option of cheaper models with the 360.

You can only go up in cost with the PS3 (80g to 160g, ect.) not down currently.....but I am sure that will change with time.

sguy78 said:
There is no question that the Xbox 360 needs to go down in price. However, so does the PS3.

The XBOX 360 is $199, it does not need to go down in price..

mM
NEVER_SAY_DIE_00 said:

I hear alot of complains about  the ps3 being too expensive and yet no one talks about the fact that the xbox 360 elite

is the same price as the 80g ps3 399 why?

The only thing the elite has that the other 360 models dont is more memory and hdmi ,  some newer models of the 60g 360 have hdmi so its realy nothing new and different.

I dont care if  theres a 299 xbox 360.

I dont care if theres a 199 xbox 360.

microsoft profits from each 360 elite and sony loses from each 80g sold, I hope people stop complaining about the ps3 being expensive.

Thats a pretty stupid thing to say,the elite I think its the highest priced model.Not sure about the ps3 but I think the 399 is as low as you can get so your point is voided...

Natal and Sony's flashing Ice cream cone