By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Australia 40gb ps3

Leo-J, don't even mention currency in your postings until you've memorized this chart, for your own sake and reputation.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency

Around the Network
leo-j said:
So the us dollar is worth more then? Had no clue.

Still though, better than paying $1,000.00 for video games.

They are paying more though cause if Sony was to release the 40GB over here it would be $400. Which is awesome price for us. But if we was to import it from AU or NZ. We would be paying for like a 80 GB. I think the 80GB over in NZ and AU is like $1000.00 U.S. dollars.

FishyJoe said:
Leo-J, don't even mention currency in your postings until you've memorized this chart, for your own sake and reputation.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency

Dag leo-j you just got owned!

Now I see lol, sorry it can happen to anyone.

mM

Dude... Leo how old are you man??

You expect sales to go up to 10k in Australia??? 10k a week?????

Hah.. what makes you make that prediction? If they are lucky it will go up from the 1000 pw its at at the moment up to maybe 2000 - 3000.... but 10,000... the DS doesn't even sell that high Here.

Around the Network

For $999 at the moment, you get the 60gig model, two controllers & two games.

They will probably cut the price on this package - to either $849 or $899.

Games cost $99-$119 each - controllers are around $70(?).

As long as they cut the price on the 60gig model, they will do fine. At $699 - with no PS2 support, smaller hard disk, one controller and NO games - its not a very attractive proposition.

Most people would go for the $849 or $899 package - the price has been dropped in Europe, and should be dropped here. I'd guess $899 would be the target price point - but $849 would be great.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Thats alot of money Shams. Are you discussing in U.S. dollars or AU dollars?

Of course he's talking about Australian dollars.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Of course he's talking about Australian dollars.

Okay and I was talking to Shams, not you.

Just in addition to this, I have another link with some cold, hard sales figures for Australia in the last quarter just in case ioi hasn't already got a hold of them.

....According to third-quarter sales figures from market-watcher GfK, the PS3 was the poorest performer for the period, shifting just 27,533 units in Australia.

The Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii sold 40,467 and 61,027 units respectively, while the PS2 continues to blitz the market with sales of 66,228 units......

.....Mr Ephraim said he was pleased with the PS3's sales to date - 82,261 units - but said it was misleading to compare the figures with sales of the cheaper Wii console, which has sold 167,899 units since its launch.......

Haven't done an in depth analysis of VGC figures but they look about right.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/articles/sony-cuts-ps3-price-by-a-third/2007/10/08/1191695789355.html