By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is a game profitable when its multiplatform?

Gears is 200,000 times better than the darkness, no joke seriously.

mM
Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
W29 said:
@Zuhyc
Can I have a link or is that your personal opinion?

He does have a point. Just look at DMC4. Back when it was ps3 exclusive, ps3 fans were bringing it up every five seconds holding it over 360 owners' heads. Once it went multiplat, it was as if ps3 fanboys forgot it existed.

and that's another problem. If you go multiplatform with a game like DMC that has been on only one console (PS2) then you could lose some of that fan base. All I heard when that game went multiplatform was that the fans felt betrayed and there were petitions all over the Playstation forums boycotting the game. it may not have been the majority, but that group could also be made up by the 360 sales of the game.

BTW this games is better off Multiplatform, sales for DMC2 and DMC3 are poor compared to the first DMC. It's sales should boost up, at least to 2 mill.

I'll take the case!!!

if it loses a little bit of fanbase, let the sony fanboys pout as usual, seriously its getting rediculas, not likely but what if they lost MGS4, then would they boycot that? Heck if FF suddenly went mutli would everyone boycot that and say "well it doesnt look that special...."

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.