By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you Circumsized?

Yes, and I don't see the big deal either way.

In fact, circumcision was pretty damn popular until the Greeks came around and decided that the penis was too perfect to be altered.

Around the Network

Nope

Nope but i wash that sucker everyday though

=( i'll never be able to clean that spot

Nope, in my country only Jew get circumsized, never heard of a Christian doing it. Anyway, I'm atheist born of atheist parents, so I wouldn't have gotten it anyway, but it seems strange the difference between countries

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Nope, in my country only Jew get circumsized, never heard of a Christian doing it. Anyway, I'm atheist born of atheist parents, so I wouldn't have gotten it anyway, but it seems strange the difference between countries

I'm an atheist white American and still got circumsized :(

tedsteriscool said:
zexen_lowe said:

That's pretty strange. I wonder why the cultural difference

tedsteriscool said:
zexen_lowe said:

Im atheist white Irish and didn't get Circumsized. I have an American friend who lives in Ireland and he got the chop. Maybe it's also a cultural thing?

Circumcision varies among people, but it's considered very taboo in Catholic cultures. The U.S., for a long time, has been predominantly Protestant. And since Protestants and Catholic were mortal enemies (maybe they still are!), they tried to do the opposite of each other. As circumcision became widespread among Protestants, and the increasing Jewish population around World War I, circumcision became almost more of an American value than a religious value. But again, it varies a lot among different people.

MontanaHatchet said:
Circumcision varies among people, but it's considered very taboo in Catholic cultures. The U.S., for a long time, has been predominantly Protestant. And since Protestants and Catholic were mortal enemies (maybe they still are!), they tried to do the opposite of each other. As circumcision became widespread among Protestants, and the increasing Jewish population around World War I, circumcision became almost more of an American value than a religious value. But again, it varies a lot among different people.

Isn't Protestant still dominant?

And yes I am.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.