By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GOW III having the gory bits censored/removed in the final games? *sniff*

So as always I went to GT to see if there were any new trailers of interest and to my suprise saw a GOW III gameplay video. Then through my powers of perception realised the video was from E3. Loved the gameplay video from before so watched it again but I was in for a SHOCK! When we get to the Cyclops eye being ripped out a huge *censored by ESRB" comes up and the same again when Helios has his head torn off.

What do you think is going on there? I hope those are in the final game because those parts were fantastic and also I assume a large amount of the game will have to be changed as there are surely more parts of the game like that. Think I'm going to be sick. :(

Around the Network

I dun like bloodly games anyways.

But removing it from GoW has to be a Sin of some-kind...

if they didn't It would have been banned on several regions.....which is lame TBH

gore mode possibly
also, gory adverts aren't well received by the public generally, so they probably had to tone the trailer down some.
Might not be censored in the final game though.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

If the gory parts are taken out I will be so pissed.

Around the Network

When you use the necessity argument it eventually strips a movie, book, etc into a plot summary on Wikipedia.

They're almost always censored out in advertisement. Look at the original trailer from PS3, it was censored too (the guts and entrail from the centour was never shown). I'm more worried that they might censore all GoW3 releases just to appease Germany/Australia censorship board. I'd rather import a copy than take global censorship.

How many games have been censored in Australia?

Akvod said:

GTA IV, FEAR2, Fallout 3 (this caused a global censoreship but thankfully very minor - changing the name of a in game drug from morphine to something 'made up') - Those are some prominent title...

http://www.refused-classification.com/Games_A-Z.htm

For a complete list of banned game and game that was resubmitted with censorship and later approved.

mibuokami said:
Akvod said:

GTA IV, FEAR2, Fallout 3 (this caused a global censoreship but thankfully very minor - changing the name of a in game drug from morphine to something 'made up') - Those are some prominent title...

http://www.refused-classification.com/Games_A-Z.htm

For a complete list of banned game and game that was resubmitted with censorship and later approved.

Not sure about this but I think Silent hill 5 AU version was gimped down as well