By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HQ Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP) screens from Famitsu

I hope it looks better than FFVII Crisis Core

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Torillian said:
but if your entire class is sent to the front line you can't really show up to school each day. That makes little to no sense, you can't stop manning the trenches because you have algebra homework.

The entire army was in the frontlines in VC yet that didn't stop me from going back to the main camp after every mission.

Yup, that's what I was thinking.  VC has already established that the developers are quite happy to have you ping back and forth from battlefront to a home base without worrying about continuity or logic.

I guess if it was much more noticeable it might feel odd or break immersion, we'll have to wait and see when more details are released I guess.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Steroid said:
Christhor said:
Holy shit that looks horrible! How can something called Valkyria Chronicles look that ugly?

Get a grip bro it's on PSP. Try comparing it to another recent handheld like chinatown wars.

Why would I compare it to the DS? Obviously I'd compare VC 2 to VC Ps3. Besides those pics look horrible even for the PsP

Torillian said:
but if your entire class is sent to the front line you can't really show up to school each day. That makes little to no sense, you can't stop manning the trenches because you have algebra homework.

Why would they have algebra lessons on a military school?

First of all, to clear some things. Is it a school or a military academy? If its the latter then the theory they would probably learn are war strategies (I see here the possibility of implementing these in battle) and applied mathematics/physics , i.e. ballistic. If its a military school (with  adolescents only) like Persona then that´s dumb. 

memory2zack said:
Torillian said:

First of all, to clear some things. Is it a school or a military academy? If its the latter then the theory they would probably learn are war strategies (I see here the possibility of implementing these in battle) and applied mathematics/physics , i.e. ballistic. If its a military school (with  adolescents only) like Persona then that´s dumb. 

You do realize alot of the things in the military require a good knowledge of algebra, right?

Logistics and such as well.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

As someone who is excited by there being a sequel and it being portable I must say those screens look nowhere near as vibrant. Where did the cell shading go?

@Soriku
PSP even have better looking games, birth by slee p for example.
or crisis core.
this is no where near those.

even the cell shading disappear.

I'm almost certain that it will look better on the PSP than it does in these screens. Either way it should the same or close to it.

This should be on ps3...a shame indeed.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Strategyking92 said:
memory2zack said:
Torillian said:

You do realize alot of the things in the military require a good knowledge of algebra, right?

Logistics and such as well.

Haven't they learned that in High School? In University you learn Maths and Physics the first year that's it. The rest is applied Maths and specialized courses.

So it's actually an academy and the main protagonist is 17 years old, so he'll definitely have general Maths and Physics to attend to. I hope the game spans throughout the whole studies timeframe, that way you may be able to choose what courses you want in the later years.