By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OFFICIAL: 40Gb Announced!!!

Peter Potamus said:
@jjseth

I just don't understand, the people complaining about this

1. Already have a PS3

2. Have a Next Gen console and never planned to get a PS3 in the first place.

3. Fanboys to their respected consoles.

About that mission, i'm on it!

I don't fit in any of those catagories (some people might assume I fit in 3-- whatever) and I'm complaining about this.  When the PS3 gets to an affordable price, has enough games to justify the affordable price (6-7 games for $400 console), and has BC I will more than likely get a PS3.

I'm sorry, but this is just a horrible decision.  I see where they're going with the thinking but they really should have thought about it a little harder.  If they completely phase out PS3 BC I'll probably completely abandon the idea of getting a PS3. 

Around the Network

I'd call this a crushing disappointment. It's too early to say whether this is a good move from Sony's perspective, but for me personally it really, really sucks. I said early on that cutting b/c was the only thing they could do to kill my interest in a $399 PS3, but I never thought they'd actually do it.

Now I don't know what I'm gonna do.

All I have to say is, Welcome Back Sony, The King is Back.

The Lord of The Consoles: Twin Price-Cuts.

And We all know Bungie saw this coming, that is why they Jumped Out to Play Beyond.

Halo Standard Edition: $59.99
Halo 3 Limited Edition: $69.99
Halo 3 Legendary Edition: $129.99
Halo 3 Sigma for the Playstation 3: Priceless

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

before anyone jumps on me i was just joking... i know ms still has the rights to halo.. and that bungie is still their pawn..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Well, hey, at least the Wii is PS2 compatible.

If you only include crappy ports.

Around the Network

I like the title of the press release:

"New PLAYSTATION®3 Model to Take Holiday Season by Storm"

I leave coming up with names for Wii's and 360's Christmas as an exercise to the reader. And please post your answers here ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

darthdevidem said:
@Hawk & Onna

For Gods sake stop twisting everything you can see

PS2 games ARE INFERIOR compared to Ps3 games

not just graphically, but in many other ways like physics....

So... i'll ask you somethin, is Ocarina Of Time an inferior and WORSE game than Heavenly Sword just because you can see Nariko's boobies in HD?

jjseth said:
Peter Potamus said:
I have a question, do any of you think that the general consumer who has a PS2 would care if the 40gb PS3 has BC?

Short answer. No. Go and make it your mission to go and ask someone you know that isn't a big hardcore gamer and has a PS2 if they care if they wouldn't be able to play their PS2 games on a PS3 if they bought it. Some of you may be a bit surprised by the answers.

There are people who want to play PS2 games in HD because PS2 looks like crap in HDTV i've said it a trillion times.

gamingdevil said:
jjseth said:
Peter Potamus said:
I have a question, do any of you think that the general consumer who has a PS2 would care if the 40gb PS3 has BC?

Short answer. No. Go and make it your mission to go and ask someone you know that isn't a big hardcore gamer and has a PS2 if they care if they wouldn't be able to play their PS2 games on a PS3 if they bought it. Some of you may be a bit surprised by the answers.

There are people who want to play PS2 games in HD because PS2 looks like crap in HDTV i've said it a trillion times.

The PS2 always looked fine to me on my HDTV and it didn't stop me from playing it or watching it for more then 3 years.   I honestly didn't see much of a difference by playing Socom 2 on my PS3 compared to the PS2. 

Gamingdevil, this challenge goes to you as well.  Find a friend who is not a hardcore or avide gamer that has a PS2 and ask him/her if it's important to him/her  for the PS3 to play those old games.  See what they say and don't interrupt them and try to influence them before they give their answer.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Well it would be a challenge to find someone who is not hardcore and wants a PS3.