By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii SKU spotted

New Nintendo Wii SKU spotted over the pond
Could there be colour for Christmas?
by Amy-Mae Elliott

5 October 2007 11:40 GMT - Don't worry, it's not expected to be a hardware refresh (even though there's folk that would like to see some new Wii features, namely DVD playback ability and a high-def picture) but a new Christmas bundle.

In order to get things moving for the season the American like to call the "holidays" (although as Nintendo's still strong figures show, it's not exactly make-or-break for them), it seems a new deal will be offered.

The reports state that the second Wii console is currently being called "New Pack" and is expected to be sent out to retailers soon.

Specualtion suggests that it's likely that the pack will see Wii Sports either dropped as the bundled title, or another title added too (we vote for Super Paper Mario), or the pack could include one of the new official Nintendo Wiimote accessories, such as the Zapper, and a title relevant to the peripheral.

More exciting is the suggestion, and this is definitely straying into wild rumour territory, that a new colour of console could be introduced, with black leading the pack as the likely shade.

Around the Network

+1 mil confirmed

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I hope they release a HD Wii, i'd give 300 euros to buy it.

gamingdevil said:
I hope they release a HD Wii, i'd give 300 euros to buy it.

EDIT: LOL, what a way to ring in my 1000th post. 

FishyJoe said:

More exciting is the suggestion, and this is definitely straying into wild rumour territory, that a new colour of console could be introduced, with black leading the pack as the likely shade.

This would be foolish.

Around the Network

I expect it to be a new coloured console (likely a gloss black) + an additional pack-in game (Super Mario Galaxy, I'd say).

SW-5120-1900-6153

Words Of Wisdom said:
FishyJoe said:

This would be foolish.

Wrong....

You have no idea how many of my friends would buy an Elite now... not for the hard drive but for Black.  Look at Mac Laptops they charged $200 more for Black...

People like Black electronics.... if you don't thats fine but that doesn't mean the majority of consumers don't.

I'd buy like to buy a Wii to match my black DS!!! Non-modded of course

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

My guess is that i may come with the new controller cover they are offering. Nothing exciting.

It defintely wont be any sort of hardware revision.

I highly doubt they wil pull WiiSports out as that has been one of the biggest reasons for sucess of the console and many people are still looking to buy it based on the game. Almost all of their NA promotion has been a tie-in with that game.

I am thinking that if it is a holiday bundle it will be the regular package plus zapper/link's crossbow training. With WiiFit they could pile that in and we would have the same three types of packages that were offered in the NES days.

This is my wild guess on the future of the Wii
Wii + Wii Sports $250 now/ $200 in March = NES
Basic + Zapper/Link $279 now/ $249 in March = Light gun/Duck Hunt pack
Zapper pack + Second controller + WiiFit/Balance board $349 = Power pad pack

I read a rumor somewher that the price on the sku is $279. That would fit my zapper theory.

I don't think they will pack in other games, none of the big ones are cashed out on individul sales yet. Colors will be saved for later in the generation when they need a boost and can beat demand.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

I really didn't think Nintendo really needed (and I still don't) to do anything to the Wii until next year, as it is so strong in sales worldwide.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY