By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Folklore - 9.0 Outstanding - IGN

I think this game is just one of those love it or hate it games. It certainly is going to have flaws but there are those who can look past them (IGN) and those who are bothered a lot by them (Gametrailers). Honestly I think it looks really cool, and if I had a PS3, I would at least rent it. I'm still trying to convince my friend to get it from gamefly so I can at least give it a try.

Around the Network

If he has an internet connection, download the demo and give it a shot. I played through the demo at least 3 times with each character. Only reason I stopped is because I developed a hankering for new moves.

9.0 from IGN? That surprises me actually. Anyhow, I've played the demo for this game (Japanese & American version) and it is a lot of "fun." It goes back to remind me of the ancient days of gaming--where games were made to be FUN (Nintendo) instead of technologically advanced and filled with impossible combos.

It also has a really unique art style and the story seems very fascinating (Can't tell a lot from a demo).

Anyhow, I have this one pre-ordered and look for it to be the best game on the ps3 for this year possibly. (Not sales, obviously, but "fun" factor).

Anyhow, Sony needs more of this type of game.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

Apostrovich said:
If he has an internet connection, download the demo and give it a shot. I played through the demo at least 3 times with each character. Only reason I stopped is because I developed a hankering for new moves.

Ah cool I'll play the demo then.  I'll be over there for a party tonight so I should get to play it.  

konnichiwa said:
Meh check the GT review then, http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25946.html

That was a better video definitely. The graphics and art style look awesome. I'd be on the edge on this one if I had the option of getting it.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

In the vid it looked kinda cool. May be right about in you either love it or hate it type of game. Probably good for the PS3 owners to have more to choose from.

WOW, that's the second 9. I have the JP version here, not able to play it yet, but glad to know the game ain't a bad buy after all ;) Am anxious to find out what other reviewers will say, especially an Edge and EGM.

I really like the style as it's a bit like the Shin Megami Tensei series and Persona 3 was welcomed pretty well by reviewers, so why not this one as well?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo