By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Folklore - 9.0 Outstanding - IGN

i think it deserved a 8 personally from what i saw, havent played it, but the average is a hair to low for me to like it. It looks to be something new, but again i have not played it they have

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
Parokki said:
I watched the Gametrailers review as well, and it looks very decent. Absolutely gorgeous visuals (style and technology), interesting gameplay mechanics, refreshing mixing of genres, and some serious, although far from game-breaking, faults. Looks way better than the 74 it has on Metacritic, but I haven't played it myself, and apparently it's pretty short.

Not a game I'd buy straight when it comes out (I almost never do), but definitely one I'd get for 20-30€.

Around 10-15 hours but I don't know if that includes that you finish the game with the two characters.

Sigh this game is so original, it is one of the first games where the Sixaxis works perfect and is fun to play with. Story wise it looks so fantastic especially if you read IGN reviewer his comments:

Folklore comes from the little details: the serenity within a field of bristling flowers and cascading petals, or the charm of a stairway that rings with laughter when your character's foot falls upon it - these are just a few of the many moments that may bring an awed smile to your face.

This game give me the same feeling when I saw Okami for the first and played it for the first.

And it haves an online mode.

Pity,  I know a game that is just the same as his predecessor with a little updates with the same online mode that gets 9.6 on GT....

Not that the game deserves an +9 but I think that the GT reviewer is an adrenaline Junkie

I dont get why reviews bitch about the comic style cut scenes. They are a fun way to depict cut scenes. IGN loved them, seems others hated them. No idea why, they never explained their dislike about them.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
I dont get why reviews bitch about the comic style cut scenes. They are a fun way to depict cut scenes. IGN loved them, seems others hated them. No idea why, they never explained their dislike about them.

I agree with you.

I think this is really an love or hate game because of his style.

twesterm said:
konnichiwa said:
A trailer for you:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22632.html

Warning : If you see it you want to buy it .

Actually, that trailer really doesn't do much for me.  The art style, strangely enough, doesn't do much at all for me.  In fact, I would go as far as say I don't like the art style of the game.

Yeaaah. I'd have to say I was more interested in the game before I saw the trailer.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

Meh check the GT review then, http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25946.html

Ohhh, I don't know how this game is. I'll just wait for 15 more reviews.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Direst Link: IGN Folklore Video Review in HD

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826967/vid_2148404.html

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The biggest complaint that gets around is not that it isn't a class act, but that it's repetitive i.e. boring

Thus the low scores amongst the reviewers that did find it repetitive

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a PS3 and I've played the demo through with both characters....the music is awesome.....sometimes I just leave my PS3 on, set to the "folklore demo" graphic and listen to the music it plays. And playing as Ellen was cool, in the sense that one of her physical attacks is to wave her hand, and when she does, a giant, horned, scaly lion fish erupts out of the ground next to her in a shower of flower petals and bands of energy and smashes into whoever's in front of her. Seriously, her moves are sweet. And frankly she's pretty hot, her outfit is cool. Keats is where it's at, though...he looks like Otacon's evil twin, and some weird dude in a black trenchcoat that says stuff in a rough Irish accent is sweet. Also, Ellen just kind of coaxes enemy's souls out when she beats them.....Keats bashes them against the ground until he rips them out. I actually really like this game, and I didn't think I would....I like the battle system WAY more than FFXII, because you hardly go three steps without getting a new ability, or getting enough experience to upgrade the one you already have. I had like 9 for each character by the end of the demo....

EDIT--also, just so everyone knows, every enemy you kill is a potential move, when you kill him you rip out his soul and turn it into a move you assign to one of the face buttons. You can then string the physical ones into combos, and the more you evolve, for example, a multi hit combo move, the more hits the combo allows and the more powerrful it gets. There are moves that launch rockets, or use a flamethrower, or create a giant evil hedgehog that you can make kick everyones asses. At least one of them made an impenetrable shield, and another gave me a machine gun.