By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Folklore - 9.0 Outstanding - IGN

Rating

out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.5 Presentation
Incredible. Everything from the cutscenes to the falling leaves in the menus work together to create a very enthralling experience.
9.0 Graphics
While not superb in a technical sense, the artistic direction and execution of what's there are top notch.
8.5 Sound
Solid voice acting and a vividly atmospheric score demand you to turn the volume up.
8.5 Gameplay
Very fun combat with great motion controls, but a few key issues end up doing a bit of damage to the experience.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
A haunting adventure (that will take fifteen hours at least) worth coming back to.
Outstanding
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Closing Comments
There are many other aspects of the game worthy of discussion, but we can't cover all of them here. Let's just end our commentary by saying that a great deal of the magnificence in Folklore comes from the little details: the serenity within a field of bristling flowers and cascading petals, or the charm of a stairway that rings with laughter when your character's foot falls upon it - these are just a few of the many moments that may bring an awed smile to your face.

Unfortunately, though the game is very enjoyable to play, the menu load time, framerate, and level repetition issues can detract from the gameplay experience. But we strongly recommend that you don't let these concerns stop you from playing Folklore. This is one of the best titles to hit the PlayStation 3, and its eccentricity and charm are undeniable. Unless you're just a straight adrenaline junkie, don't miss your opportunity to witness the poetry and magic of this ethereal hit.

Around the Network

better than GT's review 7.2 ouch.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Welcome to days ago:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=7926

Edit:

Featured Articles - 25 On FileAverage Ratio: 73.4% - (73.4%)
Only Sites in Bold Count towards the Average Ratio
Site Name / Link
Quality
Date
Rating
Ratio
  IGN

10/3/2007
9 out of 10
90.0%

10/4/2007
9 out of 10
90.0%

7/27/2007
5 out of 10
50.0%

10/4/2007
7.2 out of 10
72.0%

10/4/2007
C+
70.0%

7/29/2007
8 out of 10
80.0%
  PSM3 Magazine UK

11/1/2007
69 out of 100
69.0%
  Play UK

11/1/2007
66 out of 100
66.0%

Kber i like how you post this review and not the game trailers one. I know you desperately want ps3 games to be great but this isn't one of them. It's average at best and fighting to keep that title on gamerankings as we speak.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

erikers said:
Kber i like how you post this review and not the game trailers one. I know you desperately want ps3 games to be great but this isn't one of them. It's average at best and fighting to keep that title on gamerankings as we speak.

I don't know erikers. I'm interested. It might be the third game I'd wish I had a PS3 for. But I've only seen a few screenshots and story description. Is there a trailer?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

I watched the Gametrailers review and it does look like an interesting game, if I had a PS3 I would probably give a try at least. My problem (besides the obvious ones pointed out in the video) with it is that (just going from the review) is that it's two completely different games-- action and RPG.

Usually a combination of genres is a great thing, but this one is literally night and day and only appeals to people that love RPG and action titles separately. The two parts are like two completely different games which is pretty cool but you have to love both of those types of games. Also, just going from the video, both aspects seems to be a little less than average.

Still though, I think it still looks interesting and since I like both types of games I would probably give it a go if I had a PS3.

A trailer for you:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22632.html

Warning : If you see it you want to buy it .

I watched the Gametrailers review as well, and it looks very decent. Absolutely gorgeous visuals (style and technology), interesting gameplay mechanics, refreshing mixing of genres, and some serious, although far from game-breaking, faults. Looks way better than the 74 it has on Metacritic, but I haven't played it myself, and apparently it's pretty short.

Not a game I'd buy straight when it comes out (I almost never do), but definitely one I'd get for 20-30€.

konnichiwa said:
A trailer for you:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22632.html

Warning : If you see it you want to buy it .

Actually, that trailer really doesn't do much for me.  The art style, strangely enough, doesn't do much at all for me.  In fact, I would go as far as say I don't like the art style of the game.

I just saw the GT review I don't get it :s.

7.2 is way to low ....