By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Offical June 2009 NPD Thread (Data in 3 hours - 5 weeks ending July 4)

alfredofroylan said:
I read the Anita Frazier article:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 had a great debut at retail, nearly doubling the units sold in the first month at market of the previous best-two launches: PGA Tour '05 and '07, which sold 272K units each in their respective launch months

Whjat happened here, they didn't count the bundle units?

I think the number of 272k includes all the versioin of the game (wii, 360, ps3, ...), so 540k this year for all the versions is certainly what she said.

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
ksv said:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for Wii - NPD: 272.4K, VGchartz: 239.6K.

Looks like this one is a little undertracked, if we say rest of NA is about 10% of US, total for this one should be about 300K. Way to go!

I don't think so, golf is not so popular outside the US.

Well, other than in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Australasia.  But outside of those areas, I agree.

lombard2578 said:
alfredofroylan said:
I read the Anita Frazier article:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 had a great debut at retail, nearly doubling the units sold in the first month at market of the previous best-two launches: PGA Tour '05 and '07, which sold 272K units each in their respective launch months

Whjat happened here, they didn't count the bundle units?

I think the number of 272k includes all the versioin of the game (wii, 360, ps3, ...), so 540k this year for all the versions is certainly what she said.

This.  What is being said that the game as all the versions sold almost double of what previous all versions had sold in their launch month.  So if 272k was the previous best, then somewhere around 540k is what this version sold.  We know 272k of that was on the Wii (although I'm not sure if that number includes the sold game version and the one with the Wii Motion plus bundle) and then the rest spread across 360, PS3, PS2, and PSP. 

Zucas said:
Also, does anyone know if the Tiger Woods Wii number includes the Wii Motion Plus bundled version as well?

Yes it does.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Lostplanet22 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Lostplanet22 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
mrstickball said:
What happened to Prototype for PS3? I guess Infamous drowned it out.

Your guess is the same as mine.

Why is the difference between FNR so close whereas UFC is the more usual 2-1 360-PS3 ratio?

PS3, PSP sells like ass, Sony needs to cut the price on both now.

Could kill the profit making machine called PS2?

That would be unwise and ill advised.

As you said, it's a profit making machine.

I don't know I wrote it unclear, anyway I meant lowering the price of PSP/PS3 could kill the sales of PS2.

Why would it? A $299 PS3 is still too expensive for someone that just has enough money for a $99 system and it'll still be the most expensive console on the market. And a $139-$149 PSP is not in direct competition with the PS2, and the PS2 will still be the choice for people on a really, really tight budget.

Around the Network
JGarret said:
The 360 has been impressing me...already in its 4th year and it´s the only system up YoY.

Price drop, I know I wouldn't have bought mine if it hadn't dropped in price.

dolemit3 said:
Zucas said:
Also, does anyone know if the Tiger Woods Wii number includes the Wii Motion Plus bundled version as well?

Yes it does.

Finally someone answers my question.  Thank you.

Here's IGN's article which shows combined platforms. Should help to figure out numbers for some games on other platforms:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1004641p1.html

stika said:
JGarret said:
The 360 has been impressing me...already in its 4th year and it´s the only system up YoY.

the 360's on it's third year, it's fourth year won't start until November

The 360 launched in 2005, so... fourth year.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

FilaBrasileiro said:
JGarret said:

Price drop, I know I wouldn't have bought mine if it hadn't dropped in price.

Yeah man that price is P.H.A.T! Thats why unless the PS3 can get close to that price I don't see them making their sales projections. Being priced the same as the Wii won't help it. Think about the fact that the XB360 is LESS and still can't outsell it in a month.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?