By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Offical June 2009 NPD Thread (Data in 3 hours - 5 weeks ending July 4)

True. So 53k between PS3, X360, PSP and PS2. Even if evenly distributed among those 4 that's about 13k between them.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

good number for xbox 360, looking forward for July 2009 number

Man you guys post alot of incorrect NPD numbers in here...

Here is something though:

DS sold 4.1m in January to June 2009, a record for the first half of a year. PS2 lifetime is at only 10x that figure in 8 years 9 months...or 105 months.

I think we could see DS overtake PS2 in the United States by the end of 2010.  PS2 is down 19% year over year even in the wake of its April price drop, so once the price drop 'lift' (preventing PS2 from declining further) wears off in the next couple of months it should dip into the ~90-115k range and then fall further after one more last modest holiday. This is probably the last year PS2 does anything near relevant numbers in the USA: ~1.75m or so.

At the end of 2009:

DS ~ 37.5m

PS2 ~ 45m

March 2010:

DS ~ 39.5m

PS2 ~ 45.2m

June 2010:

DS ~ 41.5m

PS2 ~ 45.35m

Sept 2010:

DS ~ 43m

PS2 ~ 45.45m

Oct 2010:

DS ~ 43.6m

PS2 ~ 45.52m

Nov 2010:

DS ~ 45m

PS2 ~ 45.65m

Dec 2010:

DS ~ 47.5m

PS2 ~ 45.9m

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Conduit number:

WII THE CONDUIT 71,913

Overtracked, lol.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

It looks like NPD hemmoraged another massive leak

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Lots of Wii and 360 titles, and my goth BlazBlue did that bad???

It's all titles over >20k, except for DS and PS2.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Is interesting the gap between Wii Play and The Conduit (Numbers 6 and 7 in the Wii sction) is huge, almost 70k Any ideas about this?

Nice for Punch Out, this kid has legs, not huge legs like Mario Kart just a nice pair.
Ouch at Call of Juarez, the franchise is in bad shape. Nice to see Guitar Hero Smash Hits having a bad debut, too many Guitar Heroes Activision.... too many!!!

dolemit3 said:
It looks like NPD hemmoraged another massive leak:

I am astounded by the software numbers for some of the 360 titles. Look at the sales for Halo 3, Cod 4 and L4D. Thats ridiculous! Halo 3 and CoD 4 almost outsold the cconduit on its opening 2 weeks and for those that thought Killzone 2 would pass L4D in sales, looks like Valves little game just outsold Killzone 2-1. If you had told me L4D would be outselling Killzone 2 last January I would have laughed at you, even with a sequel announced to come out less than a year after release its still selling...

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

sorry double post

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers