By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Bayern will win their group or at least end up on 2nd place (and I say this as a Bayern hater). I'm not sure though if Bordeaux or Juve will accompany them.

I'm very curious as to how the current German champion VfL Wolfsburg will perform in their first CL season.

Anyway: Like every year we will see a few surprises in the group stage, but from quarter finals onwards there will only be the richest teams. The CL already proofed that money can buy international success (with a few exceptions, i.e. Chelsea).

Around the Network

If Bayern don't get their shit together they will finish in last place. Bordeaux is a good team remember that.

I know that Girondins Bordeaux is a good team, I didn't claim they're a bad one and they aren't the current French champion for no reason. In fact I think the Ligue 1 is even more underrated in European football media than the Bundesliga (whereas the Seria A is a bit overrated IMO).

But: If I know anything about Bayern - and I know more about them than I would want to know, as I live very close to Munich (20km from Allianz Arena) - then it's the fact that the CL is extremely important to them and that they take all CL opponents very seriously. Like all of the richest European teams Bayern is extremely dependent on the income they get from the CL (money and international fame).

CaptainPrefrences said:
If Bayern don't get their shit together they will finish in last place. Bordeaux is a good team remember that.

no, Bayern has just an awesome team. They have some problems now, but they will be back on track in a few weeks.

Ribery, Robben, Lahm, Gomez, v. Bommel, Klose, Timostschuk, Schweinsteiger are all great players. I think they might end up better than Juventus.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

@Dirty: Now you're going too far...van Bommel a great player...come on.

Are you really a BVB fan?

Around the Network

Looks like Aston Villa are out ...

The ref just ignored the handball in the penalty box too.

isn't that what I just said? I never said Bayern was bad, I said if they dont get their shit together they will finish last.

Villa out wow. I feel so sorry for them. They go from challenging for 4th place to a team that cannto win. They seriously need more players, at least 5 or 6. Milner is doing to much work on that team.

About the Eduardo dive.

If he gets a 2 match ban, I want to see every diver getting a 2 match ban. That includes Gerrard, Drogba and others. If they do it now, they have to be consistent.
It wasn't the first dive by a player and it won't be the last, why they can't approve of a TV ref I don't know.

okr said:
@Dirty: Now you're going too far...van Bommel a great player...come on.

Are you really a BVB fan?

Hell yeah I am.

Komme dummerweise nur aus Hamburg, daher wird es schwer Heimspiele zu besuchen, aber was will man machen.

And v. bommel is not a very talented / skilled player, but he is very important for a team. It was a big mistake of Klinsmann not to count on him. He reminds me of effenberg in a strange way. Effenberg was never a brilliant player, but he was able to control a game by himself and get his teammates run the necessary extra meters. Let's call him Effenberg light. or wait, probably the same kind of player like Brazzo. That fits better.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...