By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread

Taz! said:
Does anyone else think that there is going to be alot of good upset players at City this season?

Look at all the forwards they have brought in (Santa Cruz, Robinio, Bellamy, Adebayor, Bojnov, Tevez). Taking into account that they can only play like 3 of these players at a time, there is going to be some top class players not getting playtime.

Oh, and there is probably a ton of spelling errors in there.

true, i can easily see some of there players sulking when they dont start or play, expect atleast 1 or 2 to go next summer

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:
ok, thanks for posting that transfer story, so everyone knows, feel free to post storys regarding anything to do with Football, thats kinda the point of this thread, to let any football fans here discuss anything Football!

Hmmm..about Argentinian transfers

-We signed Federico Insúa from America

-América signed Montenegro from Independiente

-Pastore and Bertolo went to Palermo (great players, Palermo will do very well)

-Andújar went to Catania (will probably fight with Buffon and Júlio Cesar for best keeper of the Serie A)

-Iván Pillud signed for Espanyol

Some I can think of

zexen_lowe said:
SciFiBoy said:
ok, thanks for posting that transfer story, so everyone knows, feel free to post storys regarding anything to do with Football, thats kinda the point of this thread, to let any football fans here discuss anything Football!

Hmmm..about Argentinian transfers

-We signed Federico Insúa from America

-América signed Montenegro from Independiente

-Pastore and Bertolo went to Palermo (great players, Palermo will do very well)

-Andújar went to Catania (will probably fight with Buffon and Júlio Cesar for best keeper of the Serie A)

-Iván Pillud signed for Espanyol

Some I can think of

cool, be good if lots of us contribute, as i only have lots of knowledge of English football news, like i say in OP, once we get to the end of July, ill put links to news sites and official websites for all the teams mentioned, also, if your team plays a game and i havent/dont post it, please feel free to do so.

All my infomation will be from here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/default.stm

FootballFan said:
All my infomation will be from here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/default.stm

lol, i get lots of news of the bbc website too, i also listen to the radio alot during the season, and sky sports news channel is fairly accurate.

Around the Network

Peter Crouch has flown to the North East for talks with Sunderland boss Steve Bruce after the Black Cats agreed a £12m fee with Portsmouth.

The England striker is also a target for Fulham boss Roy Hodgson who is set to sell Bobby Zamora to Hull for £5m.

All i have to say is it is a long way to go if he isnt interessted in the transfer. He is an international and a quality player. Will be a good buy for Sunderland.

sky sports news channel is fairly accurate

That is the best and proabably fastest source for reliable infomation.

FootballFan said:
sky sports news channel is fairly accurate

That is the best and proabably fastest source for reliable infomation.

yeah, ive found that, i watch it a fair amount during the season, its the channel i first saw the Micheal Owen news on.

I was checking that site for Everton transfers

"City tabled a £15m bid for the 26-year-old defender on Thursday as they hope to pair him with England and Chelsea captain John Terry. "

What the fuck??? City is trying to sign Terry??

zexen_lowe said:
I was checking that site for Everton transfers

"City tabled a £15m bid for the 26-year-old defender on Thursday as they hope to pair him with England and Chelsea captain John Terry. "

What the fuck??? City is trying to sign Terry??

reportedly, yes, but Chelsea's manager and cheif executive have both said he is not for sale, intrestingly (perhaps) John Terry himself has yet to make a statement commiting to Chelsea or saying he wants to leave.

the Lescott bid i believe was rejected by Everton also, stupidly it seems City arent willing to spend as much on Defenders as they are on Strikers.