By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Roy Hodgson is England manager. Seems like a bit of an odd choice, but I hope he can do a good job.

Around the Network
jonop said:
Roy Hodgson is England manager. Seems like a bit of an odd choice, but I hope he can do a good job.

It's a hard one to call isn't it? Obviously Harry's mates in the media aren't happy about it but his record is pretty good other than his time at Liverpool. He was supposed to have been a good international manager too, although it was a long time ago, which is something Redknapp doesn't have on his CV. I'd be catiously optimistic.

Does it really matter who is the England manager? With the overrated players they have they will never win anything.. :P

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I imagine "woy" is more qualified for international football due to his envolment with a number of clubs overseas and national sides. The downside is that the last high profile job he had at Liverpool he bombed big time,Hodgson is at his best with medium sized clubs with low expectations (Baggies,Fulham). Redknapp was prob never really in the running with the bigwigs on the commitee, some of his seemingly dodgy antics and alleged tax evasions would have put pay to that. He was the media choice,but they always build up England ahead of tournaments to be world beaters when clearly they are not. Personally id have liked the FA to try and tempt Mourinho from Madrid,he would have been perfect for England.

NiKKoM said:
Does it really matter who is the England manager? With the overrated players they have they will never win anything.. :P

If Hodgson does anything sensible it's that he won't pick Barry (useless), Terry (a disgrace), Lampard (had it) and Gerrard (injured). He needs to form a new era of new players and this is the best time to do it.

He's certainly a better choice than Harry Redknapp. Tax evasion and such things aren't great as a inspirational figure for the young players. Experience and drive is. Harry has take 2 successful clubs and ruined them and he'll do the same for Tottenham.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

goes off to look in the dutch trophy cabinet

Above & Beyond

Anyone see Cissé's goal tonight? Woof!

Not sure how I wanted that one to go, from an Arsenal perspective. Newcastle have the toughest last two games and will probably drop points, but it wouldn't be as bad if Chelsea overtake them if they win the champion's league. Hmmm.

That said, Arsenal will probably bottle it.

Oh. Soccer. Sorry wrong thread.

kennyrester said:
Anyone see Cissé's goal tonight? Woof!

Not sure how I wanted that one to go, from an Arsenal perspective. Newcastle have the toughest last two games and will probably drop points, but it wouldn't be as bad if Chelsea overtake them if they win the champion's league. Hmmm.

That said, Arsenal will probably bottle it.

Probably one of the best goals I've ever seen. The swerve that the ball took was simply unbelievable and even with Cech almost on top of the goal line, that ball was unstoppable.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Madrid is already champion, in Italy we have Juve vs Milan, 1 point away, and in England Man Utd and Man city.